Healthcare Law area
We offer legal help and online legal advice 24 hours a day. Contact us at any time. Click "ASK OUR LAWYERS" above! This area of law also covers: Medical malpractice and Workplace safety laws.
Recent Active Threads
Legal Tip of the Week
By WORLDLawDirect [May 21st, 2013]
Select the best type of plan for you... This will depend on the length of time you need the coverage; how much money you have in savings or are willing to risk; your plans for having children; the doctors your prefer; cost; and most importantly your health. >> MORE
Legal Issues? We Can Help You
Read other important articles from this law-area to find what you need to know. If you have a legal issue, we'll help! WORLDLawDirect. Legal help 24 hours a day!
Your most common questions answered:
- Can I sue someone for discriminating against me because I am HIV-positive?
- [April 13th 2010]
- Yes. HIV is usually considered a disability under several civil rights laws. If you are denied housing, medical or dental care, or service at a place of business based on your HIV status, your civil rights may be violated. If you are harassed at work or if an employer denies you a job, decreases your benefits, fires you or fails to promote you because you are HIV-positive, you also may have grounds to sue for discrimination. See an attorney or local legal aid society for additional information.
- Abortion: What is the current law in Canada?
- [June 21st 2009]
- Abortion in Canada is not limited by the law. While some non-legal obstacles exist, Canada is one of only a few nations with no legal restrictions on abortion. Regulations and accessibility varies between provinces.
- I have been the victim of food poisoning. Do I have a claim?
- [June 21st 2009]
- Issues of food poisoning has become increasingly complex extending beyond traditional concerns regarding spoilage and contamination. If you believe you suffer an illness due to food contamination, you may have a valid claim for compensation.