Too late? What's the statute of limitations for insurance claims?

This is a discussion on Too late? What's the statute of limitations for insurance claims? within the Wills, Trusts, Estates forum, part of the Other Family Law Matters category; My father was involved in a personal injury case and was within weeks of collecting a settlement of over $350,000.00 ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 09:41 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Too late? What's the statute of limitations for insurance claims?

My father was involved in a personal injury case and was within weeks of collecting a settlement of over $350,000.00 when he suddenly died. He and my mother were legally separated and my mother was told that she could not take over the case as the personal representative and to this day my sister and did not receive a penny as his heirs of the settlement nor do we know how the attorney and my father's mother (assigned personal representative) handled the matter. Is there anything we (his daughters) can do about it now after 25 years as his heirs? What's the statute of limitations for insurance claims?
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Too late? What's the statute of limitations for insurance claims?

I wish to inform you even if wife is separated she is wife and hence have every right to husbands property or representation. In this regard till the time divorce is not pronounced parties are husband and wife. Further you being children always have right to your father settlement amount. The period of Statue of Limitation depends upon the State laws in which the cause of action has taken place. Generally there is also tolling of period of statue of limitation in case of fraud till detection of fraud.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
death, injury case, personal injury, settlement

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1002 times