Can't get copy of my fathers will

This is a discussion on Can't get copy of my fathers will within the Wills, Trusts, Estates forum, part of the Other Family Law Matters category; How does one get a copy of a will? My mother died last year and my father last month, my ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #1

Angry Can't get copy of my fathers will

How does one get a copy of a will? My mother died last year and my father last month, my older brother is in charge and I have asked if I could get a copy (twice) of the will he asked me why, I said cuz I want to see it (never seen one before) and I am one of the heirs so I think all of us should receive a copy (theres 8 including him). He said it was at his house so a month later he is lying and taking money so I called the lawyer who did the will today and they said they could not give me a copy that my brother should...so who is right? I am sure after I get a copy I will be asking more questions as he is not doing right by my parents wishes...Thanks for the help in this matter
calicheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #2
jjones8601's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Can't get copy of my fathers will

Here is how it goes.

You have the right to see the will if you are a blood member of the deceased. If your brother is the executer of the will, he has control. However, you may go to your county court building and file a grievance to the probate court to protest the will. This will make your brother show the document and matters can then be discussed pertaining to the wills contents.
jjones8601 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 7612 times