Estate mismanagement: Can my sister be prosecuted for embezzlement?

This is a discussion on Estate mismanagement: Can my sister be prosecuted for embezzlement? within the Wills, Trusts, Estates forum, part of the Other Family Law Matters category; From Michigan My sister is executor of my father's estate. She has borrowed money from the estate and now it ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Estate mismanagement: Can my sister be prosecuted for embezzlement?

From Michigan

My sister is executor of my father's estate. She has borrowed money from the estate and now it is time to pay off the creditors and close the estate, but there is not enough money to do so now. What will happen to her legally? Can she be prosecuted for embezzlement?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Estate mismanagement: Can my sister be prosecuted for embezzlement?

She has to pay it back immediately or yes she could face charges (or at least a civil case) if the loans were not authorized by all beneficiaries.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Unregistered

Confused re: Estate mismanagement: Can my sister be prosecuted for embezzlement?

I have a brother who is the executor of our grandparents estate we recently sold the home and he has been asked to turn over the bank statements an an accounting of money spent. He was asked to do this in August and now were in October and nothing has been turned over. He willnot take anyone's calls. What are my rights as a beneficiary of this estate?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
michigan

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2846 times