executor not cooperating, executing will, dishonest practices

This is a discussion on executor not cooperating, executing will, dishonest practices within the Wills, Trusts, Estates forum, part of the Other Family Law Matters category; Father passed away Oct2006, Oct2007 estate still not settled, no probate, no will disclosed, tried to get me to sign ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM   #1
Unregistered

Question executor not cooperating, executing will, dishonest practices

Father passed away Oct2006, Oct2007 estate still not settled, no probate, no will disclosed, tried to get me to sign off on joint acct. unknowingly, lied about lawyer handling-none were until I saw a lawyer and he made contact, Oct 2007 told will have a check in a week with explanations, Dec2007, forwarded document to sign off funds to him only from Bank Acct--found out later from lawyer it must be joint and due to recent law changes bank unwilling to release to him without beneficiary signature, Jan,2008 lawyer requested accounting of time frame of acting power of attorney which executor was from 2002 onward, to date, and all assetts owned, and provide copy of will, same then took over as executor. to date no response, other that it is in the works.

Ready to make application to have executor removed, also has been suggested to make application to force him to provide documents. Which would be less costly, which would be more advised OR EFFECTIVE? PROS AND CONS TO BOTH???

ANY IDEA AS TO THE LIKELYHOOD OF SUCCEEDING WITH EITHER?

LAW PERTAINS TO ALBERTA, CANADA
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Top Level Member
able1's Flag is: United States

Default Re: executor not cooperating, executing will, dishonest practices

If you force production of documents and there issues or legal violations, the executor could be held liable for costs etc
able1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 5th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #3
Unregistered

Angry Re: executor not cooperating, executing will, dishonest practices

What else can be done? who do you see? what tdo you right in a caveat? In my case she is making me pay to get rid of that the estate show have paid for and making me take more that one 1/4 of the jewley that was my familys and not giving me all my great grandpartent jewley and the rest is being split with step sisters. the money my mom inherieted was my familys not the steps sisters. however the excutor isn't following the will. and it isn't turning out right for the only daugher. they just want more money. she won't even try and fix this.

Old Sep 5th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #4
Unregistered

Confused Re: executor not cooperating, executing will, dishonest practices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What else can be done? who do you see? what tdo you right in a caveat? In my case she is making me pay to get rid of that the estate show have paid for and making me take more that one 1/4 of the jewley that was my familys and not giving me all my great grandpartent jewley and the rest is being split with step sisters. the money my mom inherieted was my familys not the steps sisters. however the excutor isn't following the will. and it isn't turning out right for the only daugher. they just want more money. she won't even try and fix this.
Bc law

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 5106 times