Urgent, Charged With Assault, Trial Next Week -- Ontario, Canada

This is a discussion on Urgent, Charged With Assault, Trial Next Week -- Ontario, Canada within the Trials & Sentencing forum, part of the Other Criminal Law Matters category; I live in Ontario, Canada, my mother and stepfather had me charged with assault which they are saying I punched ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #1
Unregistered

EEK! Urgent, Charged With Assault, Trial Next Week -- Ontario, Canada

I live in Ontario, Canada, my mother and stepfather had me charged with assault which they are saying I punched them, which I never did. I can't afford the fees to pay for other witnesses to come to court on my behalf, is there anything I can do? The police refused to ask all witnesses of what they seen or whether they were present, at the time of the incident, the one witness for them said the other witnesses never seen what happened and he took there word and never asked the other people so my one witness that was present she even told the police she seen my mother but not stepfather and heard her tell him to get in the car and he refused the police refused to take her as a witness as it was to support my story to what happened. I am going with protection of property and self defense. Is there any other recourse?
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Urgent, Charged With Assault, Trial Next Week -- Ontario, Canada

I wish to inform you that you may present your witness to the court. Any person who was present can come and give evidence. In this regard the first duty is of prosecution to show that you had committed the offence. After this you may present your evidence that you have not committed the offence. In this regard if you have not hit your mother or step father then you may argue that you have never hit them. Alternatively, you may show the circumstances in which it become necessary for you to hit in order to protect yourself. You can cross examine the witnesses and can bring truth before the court. You can self represent yourself or may be represented by a lawyer. You may seek help from Legal Aid and can have counsel. You may also request court to have a counsel for you if you cannot afford to have a counsel for yourself.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1702 times