Need info please: My son (18) has yelled and threatened to hit me

This is a discussion on Need info please: My son (18) has yelled and threatened to hit me within the Trials & Sentencing forum, part of the Other Criminal Law Matters category; My son (18) has yelled and threatened to hit me, and I told him if he ever did I would ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #1
Unregistered

Confused Need info please: My son (18) has yelled and threatened to hit me

My son (18) has yelled and threatened to hit me, and I told him if he ever did I would have him arrested. He did last Oct. It wasn't a really hard punch, and it was only one, but it was to my chin, so I did have him arrested and left him there for a couple of days. His court date is coming up and I need to know if we need a lawyer and exactly what the paramiters are that he could recieve. (we live in Texas). I really did it to teach him a lesson not to have him sent away for a while. I am hoping that he might get community service or probabtion instead of jailtime, and was wondering if that was a possibility. He does not have a record, never even a speeding ticket. He is currently a senior in High School and has been accepted on Academic scholarship to UTT. He has been seeing a psychiatrist and he changed his medicine to a different drug. He has written a letter stating that his anger seems to be under control with the new drugs and counseling. Does he have a chance of it going easy on him and getting to graduate in May and go to college in August. I cannot afford a lawyer and was wondering if he really needs one.
The charge was assualt/family violence, I hear that makes it worse. Is there a way to get it reduced?
Thank you for your help,
Vikki
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Need info please: My son (18) has yelled and threatened to hit me

You can testify that you really wanted medical and other help, and he has received it.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1198 times