husband accused of a crime (rape) he didnt do

This is a discussion on husband accused of a crime (rape) he didnt do within the Trials & Sentencing forum, part of the Other Criminal Law Matters category; my common law husband left miami florida and went to texas to find a better life for us his wife ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Unregistered

Confused husband accused of a crime (rape) he didnt do

my common law husband left miami florida and went to texas to find a better life for us his wife and daughter. A seventeen year old accused him of rape and the public defender told him he will go to jail for 99 years if he doesnt plea. he took it and was sentenced to 7 years which the accuser later recanted my husband is still in jail and i have no way of paying a lawyer to help with the matter. i am just worried about him and if he is going to be considered a sex offender cant someone help
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Unregistered

Angry re: husband accused of a crime (rape) he didnt do

How it is.
I was accused of having a sexual relationship with my girlfriends 13y/o sister. We met with Human Services and individually told them the truth that these allegations were a lie and that they never happened.
Over a year after I left my girlfriend, her sister then 15 y/o and living with my ex-wife/mother to my son, started saying something entirely different. She then said, “we did have consensual sex, once when she was 12y/o and frequently when she was 13y/o”. I was notified, bodily inspected, and arrested.
I couldn't afford an attorney so they gave me a public defender. The public defender looked at her picture and told me, "she was a pretty girl, big breasts, the jury will believe her so you should take a plea."
I said, "But I'm innocent, how can they put me away by just saying this happened?"
He then said, "It's election time they don't need proof, if the jury don't get you the judge will." He told me that he didn’t even believe me.
I sat in jail for 21/2 months. My original charges were one count Rape and two counts Corruption of a Minor.
She gave them three dates. Two of the dates I can remember because one was on her birthday. The other was because of where she said we were. Both of these two dates was when we were with her father, but he passed away so I couldn’t call him as a witness.
The other, I don’t know where I was or what I was doing. My Public Defender said that was the death blow. He said, “If they believe it happened once, they would believe the rest happened as well.” The Human Services Department at the time told me, “If I accepted the plea bargain they would return my son to me following my release”.
I plead no contest to two counts of Corruption of a Minor, and they labeled me a predator. At the time, I had no clue what that meant. They wouldn't even let me out unless I cooperated and declared guilt of this crime. They told me if I declared my innocents I would be charged with "discrediting the victim". After watching my family go through the ridiculing, after being beat down when I was locked up, after the embarrassment, after fighting in court for my child for years to find us homeless because of a new daycare center, jobless, after paying $10,000 in fines, and after my rights and dignity being stripped away, I know now what that meant. I've been cursed. Seeing what my son has inherited from this, I sometimes now wonder if I am even healthy to him as a parent, and if I should have let him go for his futures sake.
To make my present circumstances worse my “victim” not only sticks to her story, but is now a self proclaimed Christian who married into money when she turned 18.
Now, The Walsh law came in effect. They changed my charge all together to keep me the worst of the worst. I don't understand the paperwork they gave me, I can't afford a lawyer, and they won't give me one to fight or fix any of it.
I know you probably don't believe my innocents no one ever does. I am usually guilty from the moment I say I was accused. This is how it is.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #3
Unregistered

Thumbs Down re: husband accused of a crime (rape) he didnt do

My son is a 13y/o high functioning autistic boy, who went to a school where other more normal children were. He grabbed a girls butt in school and the school called the police. The police charged him with G.S.I. and wanted to make him a sex offender. We accepted a plea to a lesser charge in order to ovoid the registry and I quit my job, yanked him completely out of the educational system, and now home school him. Our situation still is not over but hopefully things work out, it really has me worried. Now the problem is money, but my son is too important to let that get in the way. These laws are all screwed up. I have learned a bit about them during this and as a parent I am against this whole registry and labeling thing all together.

Old May 9th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #4
Unregistered

Default re: husband accused of a crime (rape) he didnt do

I once heard of a burglar who killed someone. I think they too should lose their rights if convicted of stealing. I heard once that a drunk driver killed someone, no rights if you drink. I heard once that the president bombed an innocent city, we'll leave him alone. I heard once that a priest molested a child, no rights for priests. I heard once that someone got killed when a husband and wife were fighting, NO rights for married couples who argue. I heard once that someone killed a child sexually, NO rights for? Let's look at the percentages, 97% male and 96.5% white, NO rights for them.

Old May 10th, 2008, 12:05 AM   #5

Exclamation re: husband accused of a crime (rape) he didnt do

i am so sorry i hope everything turns out for the best just remember to keep god in your life and prayers. and have a lot of faith and hope because that will get you through this ok. god is good and he is big .good luck.

Last edited by anna; May 10th, 2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: the lord said to pray for him
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 18th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Unregistered

Unhappy re: husband accused of a crime (rape) he didnt do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my common law husband left miami florida and went to texas to find a better life for us his wife and daughter. A seventeen year old accused him of rape and the public defender told him he will go to jail for 99 years if he doesnt plea. he took it and was sentenced to 7 years which the accuser later recanted my husband is still in jail and i have no way of paying a lawyer to help with the matter. i am just worried about him and if he is going to be considered a sex offender cant someone help
hi, my names jodi. my son is involved in avery similar situation.he was accused by someone ,that had accused @ least 3 other people,all had been lies, one was legally documented,so it was a case that could have very easily been checked out and verified. his public defender,was about to take over the head job @ the public defender's office. we had numerous witness's on his behalf the only thing he was interested in was getting it over with.also my son has a learning disability with only a 4th grade level of read., writ., & understanding,it all fell on "deaf" ears.frustrating to say the least.so i have no answers for you ,but if you figure it out let me know. good luck! jodi my email is helenjob@hotmail.com

Old Nov 7th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #7
Unregistered

I totally sympathies with you for the situation. I know how it feels, cause my husband went through the same situation, these 2 young girls, sisters who stay in our business for 2 nights, which we at that time was operating a small B&B. The younger one had accused him of rape. And yes we had a terrible lawyer who never defend him and never the less had lied to the judge that the witness was not available. Yes in deed, we had appeal the case and we won the appeal, so the sentencing was set a side and order a new trial. But unfortunately, during the process, he was still sentenced to jail and he served 7 months in jail while the process of appeal is going on. Of course the situation of being label as a sex offender it is hard and heart breaking for both of us. None the less, the girls, were setting up a scam, cause they wanted money from us, because they ask me and while I was along with them. It was kind of like the little one was to pretend to be a victim and the older one is the negotiator. Many things has gone wrong on the case while in court, many things was never presented to court and that many of the evidence was never presented. Although he is out of jail now, but who can give us back the time we lost, and more over, the name we have build so hard for. We no longer operating the business, and then because of that case, these is always a cloud behind us for the unfinished business. Since now we are waiting for the new trial. Which not even sure when it will be yet. Unfortunately right now we are not able to take any action against the sisters, until we can clear my husband's name. Then we will definitely take action against the sisters, cause we have a feeling that this is not their first time doing this to someone. because they seem to be so casual about it and when they ask for the money for exchange of they will not report to police was so professional. In terms also, we offer to contact the police for them and they refused our offer to contact the police. Well I hope there is a justice for everyone who is in the same or similar situation. And I also hope the ones who are lying will be getting what they will deserve. In law they dont get charge even can be proof that they were lying. But the time and effects we lost can never be replace. And never the less they need to call us as the victims not the so call "VICTIMS" cause they are liers.

Old Nov 9th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #8
Unregistered

I served my ex with custody papers and 2 week later I was hauled into police and questioned for hours about molesting my 2yr old daughter. Been three months now still not ended investigation. Funny thing is that no one, not even the ex and her lawyer have even tried to stop me from having my little girl two days a week which I was granted by a judge two days before the accusations.

It is crap like this that prove false allegations are becoming so widely used that they are now hurting the real victims and in this case making victims.

Just think---what if I was a pervert?

The whole system, and her mother, just handed a sweet innocent little 2yr old girl over to a pervert (im not really) under investigation for molesting her.

This is what false allegations are doing. Cry wolf too many times........
Yet the chances of charging these people for falsely accusing is so slim that not very many lawyers will even consider it.

To top it all off no one has even cared to talk with my 13 and 9 yr old daughters that live with me week on week off.

But the worst of it all is when her lawyer stands up in family court to remind the judge I am under investigation just to make me look bad.

Three months now and no one even cares that my daughter is still in my care 2 days a week. It is wrong on so many levels but I havent rocked the boat yet because I am still getting her but once family court is over I am submitting all the reports I have made and starting a inquiry against three government agencies and my ex and her lawyer as to how my daughter slipped through the cracks and had her rights to be protected taken away from her.

I am not a pervert but perverts are out there and the next child that this happens to might not be so lucky. I would hope that a mother making a real allegation would fight forever to keep her child away from the accused. But with so many false allegations it is making the real ones look less likely and officials are becoming more apt to just go through the motions and not do all they should be like removing the child from the accused.

Even though I still have my daughters it just makes me sick when I think --what if I was a pervert.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 7 replies and has been viewed 1864 times