Ticket for Speeding in a school Zone

This is a discussion on Ticket for Speeding in a school Zone within the Traffic & Speeding Tickets forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; I received a ticket for speeding in a school zone in Woodford county, Illinois. I was clocked going 36 in ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 26th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #1
Unregistered

Confused Ticket for Speeding in a school Zone

I received a ticket for speeding in a school zone in Woodford county, Illinois. I was clocked going 36 in what is normally a 35 speed zone. The officer that wrote the ticket wrote speeding in a school zone with children present. There were not any children present that I could see anywhere. My children who were in the car with me said the same thing. I even called the school to see what time school let out. It let out at 3:05, and my ticket was written at 3:07. I went to court today and plead not guilty and they have set a pre-trial for me October 25th. I am concerned that I may have made a mistake and should have just paid the fine and plead guilty instead. Honestly, in my heart the only thing I really feel guilty for would be going 36 in a 35, as I didn't believe I was breaking any school zone law. I don't have the money to hire an attorney and really don't want to have to pay additional court costs. I just feel like I need to stand up and share my story. I really don't want to be the naive one who is kidding herself, I just didn't know what else to do. Nor did I understand what pre-trial or trial even are. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Dana
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Ticket for Speeding in a school Zone

What was the limit in effect at that time? That will be the key issue.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #3
Unregistered

It was school zone 20 mph when children are present. I was going 36 in what normally is a 35. There were no children present.

Old Oct 1st, 2007, 05:40 PM   #4
Unregistered

Does that normally mean during school hours? Or really only when kids are their physically? Call the DA to ask as well if not clear...

Old Mar 27th, 2008, 08:40 PM   #5
Unregistered

Confused Re: Ticket for Speeding in a school Zone

how did this resolve? Did you end up beating the ticket?

Thanks so much in advance!

Old Apr 27th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to punkeralitina Send a message via Yahoo to punkeralitina

you should not get into trouble in florida last year my sister had her daughter in the car on way home from school 2 blocks away mind u the speed limit is 30 a boy was going 85 and t boned her killed her and her little girl in coma still the boy was 17 did not get a ticket a person on the street said she rolled thru stop sign that was wrong what about speeding in school zone long story short his fine was 2 year probation well nicholas brunk(boy) has had 4 more speeding tickets and even brags on my space about being the speed king believe this too he has a pic of her car and says be careful when you speed i accidently killed this lady what a joke our system sucks
punkeralitina is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 29th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Ticket for Speeding in a school Zone

What happened with this? I just got a ticket recently for the same thing and have to go to court on 5/16. There were no flashing lights and no times listed. I didn't see any children either and there were several of us pulled over. I hope the judge lets me say a couple things if I plead not guilty. Do they give you a chance to say anything?

Old May 1st, 2008, 12:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Law200's Flag is: United States

You are allowed to give your version.

See also http://www.worldlawdirect.com/articl...ng_ticket.html
Law200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Oct 28th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #9
Unregistered

Confused Re: Ticket for Speeding in a school Zone

I got a ticket today in a school zone but I didnt see the flashing lights or any kids and no one was going into or out of the school it was on a highway which is 45mph and I was going 51 or so the cop says. I dont know what to do or how to get out of it I was thinking about paying the ticket but I dont want any points. I havent gotten a ticket in 6 years and im 23. when the lights are on its a 35mph zone so i dont know what to do and if there is anything i can do. It didnt help that the cop was the biggest jerk and treated me like i was stupid. As if he had never made a mistake. If yall know of anything that might help I thank you.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 13074 times