Ticket w/ wrong vehicle information (contesting a ticket)

This is a discussion on Ticket w/ wrong vehicle information (contesting a ticket) within the Traffic & Speeding Tickets forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; I received a speeding ticket. The officer pulled me over, as well as a car that was travelling right behind ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Ticket w/ wrong vehicle information (contesting a ticket)

I received a speeding ticket. The officer pulled me over, as well as a car that was travelling right behind me. (If he ticket that car for following too closely, I'd be surprised.) The officer put that car's information on my ticket: the wrong license plate state; license number; vehicle make; and vehicle body type.

When I was pulled over, I was decelerating from 55 to 40, according to the appropriate speed limit signs on the off-ramp I was on. Not sure what my actual speed was, but I don't believe I was going as fast as the officer said. I think my situation was muddied by the fact that I had a car following too closely behind me.

Can I beat this?
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Ticket w/ wrong vehicle information (contesting a ticket)

I wish to inform you that you may contest ticket. In this regard as the details of your car are not correct so you may contest on the grounds that your car had not violated the law. In this you can show that the information on your ticket does not match your car and therefore your vehicle was not at fault. You will basically have to show that you were not speeding and this fact may be shown by way of description of your car on the ticket. You may further serve Interrogatories and carry out Discovery to strengthen the evidence in your favor. You may bring all the facts to the notice of the Judge. The Judge will consider all the evidence and decide the matter.

AFF

Last edited by AFFA; Aug 18th, 2010 at 04:01 AM.
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:31 AM   #3
Top Level Member
annjd's Flag is: United States

Default re: Ticket w/ wrong vehicle information (contesting a ticket)

You certainly can try:

See also Fighting a speeding ticket - WORLD Law Direct

http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/...my-ticket.html
annjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 3721 times