Suspended license in SC - Arrested!

This is a discussion on Suspended license in SC - Arrested! within the Traffic & Speeding Tickets forum, part of the CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS category; Driving with suspended license that I did not know. Pulled over and officer ticketed me with driving under suspended license. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Suspended license in SC - Arrested!

Driving with suspended license that I did not know. Pulled over and officer ticketed me with driving under suspended license. No over traffic violation was involved. Random type stop for registration and insurance check.

Suspension was due to ticket from another state (speeding) that went unpaid and SC DMV then suspended my license. I simply forgot about the ticket since it was like 6 months old.

I was arrested and jailed. Given court date. As of today, all fines and license have been re-instated by SC DMV with documentation to prove reinstatement and payment of original ticket.

Question I have is do I need a lawyer? Fine was 650. Hopefully with everything paid up, I am hoping they will reduce the fine. But here in SC, it is a felony to drive with a suspended license. So, do I need a lawyer to help get this reduced or simply go to court and plead my own case?

thanks, john
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Suspended license in SC - Arrested!

It is preferable to have a lawyer involved and to make sure that stays off your record etc. It is easier for them to deal with the system.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Unregistered

Big Grin Re: Suspended license in SC - Arrested!

It is only a felony only if you have three or more DUS , so no need to worry about that if this is your first time . I have a suspension on my license from 1999 from another state and town which I have never even visited . I am having the hardest time trying to find the best way to resolve that. I have called the Rincon Police station and tried to get info on the ticket , they can not seem to find anything being the case is so old ..So how do I resolve this . But about the Felony , no worries there. Hope you get some resalution. And also check out the Amnisty week coming up for Sc suspened drivers , they are letting people end suspensions early as well as shortening current suspension.

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #4
daniax's Flag is: Romania

Default Re: Suspended license in SC - Arrested!

i got a suspended license too for 3 months
daniax is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3566 times