What do you think of ACN/ MLM? (all communication network)

This is a discussion on What do you think of ACN/ MLM? (all communication network) within the Solid Investment (SI) forum, part of the Money Frauds and Scams category; Hello everyone, What do you think of ACN (all communication network)? Their site is acninc.com. Is it a scam program?...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #1
fullhope

Thumbs Up What do you think of ACN/ MLM? (all communication network)

Hello everyone,

What do you think of ACN (all communication network)?

Their site is acninc.com. Is it a scam program?
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: What do you think of ACN/ MLM? (all communication network)

ACN is a MLM company and a pyramid company. MLMers will tell you it isn't but it is. The compensation plan tells you it is. It is based on a 2x7 matrix (which is a pyramid). In other words you need to recruit 2 people who in turn must recruit 2 and on and on. More money is made by recruiting people than by selling the product. Their own website states that the average amount earned by a rep is $500.00. That is pretty sad when you consider all the time spent on it and the fact that you have to pay $500 just to join and a monthly fee to keep your website up, etc. etc.. In other words you are guaranteed to lose money the minute you write them the 1st check to join.

The products are overpriced as in all MLM schemes. They have to be because there are too many layers of compensation to be paid out. The products are very competitive and can be purchased at lower rates from a large number of companies.

In the MLM industry, less than 1% make a profit and the ones that do are the Executives who are up on the podium trying to talk you into buying into this wonderful business opportunity. The MLM business is great for the company itself in that they don't have to pay salaries and get thousands of people selling for them. But the independent reps. themselves make less than minimum wage and 99% of them drop out after several months. Just because the company pays Donald Trump a lot of money to endorse it doesn't make it a good business opportunity for the individual.

Ken
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #3
Unregistered

Hey Ken,

thank for you inaccurate description of ACN and MLM. But let's start with facts. ACN was / still is(?) endorsed by Donald Trump cause they pay him 15 million a year to endorse them. ACN can be good for you, just as their main competitor Euphony I've been with for 4 years. Euphony has a good products, at an awesome price compared the national monopolists.

I'm not active in both companies, nor wish to be associated with them, as there are far better MLMs out there. Then again I wasn't succesful in Euphony .. because .... my entire own fault. I was stubborn, lazy, etc. Networking is working too. That's why most people fail, cause they are so used to work for their bosses instead of themselves.

I don't know what payment compensation plan ACN has, but if it's 2x7 ... it's a matrix then, not a pyramid. When yeah it's pyramid SCHEME not pyramid Game. You are generalising / assuming.. making an ass out of yourself. You don't seem educated on the subject, so don't write then.

Getting involved in MLMs was the best decision I ever made!!!! Haven't made the tonload of money ... yet, but the personal development & education journey is second to none (with everything and anything).

regardz,
Rhyker
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Unregistered

so no it's not a scam, but ACN would probably be the last company on the planet I would work or be associated with. Moreover ... because in the early days they didn't train their reps at all, very aggressive selling techniques were used. Consumers know that ... so you are working with a far from possitive image.

I don't feel happy about sharing products of Amway, Herbalife, Avon or NuSkin, but at least their products are topnotch.

regards,
Rhyker
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Haven't made the tonload of money....
You won't. Not for yourself at least. You may make a ton for the company and their top line reps. MLM sucks for everyone else.
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #6
MalGreen

All information that I read here was really interesting. I didn't know that ACN is a pyramid, I don't believe them, I don't think you can earn money using this method. You most likely spend all your savings trying to gain something. I'm not surprised that there are so much complains on them ACN @ Pissed Consumer
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:57 AM   #7
Pedro

Smile re: What do you think of ACN/ MLM? (all communication network)

Though many of us believe that MLM businesses are cons, this isn't always the case. Some like ACN are classed as pyramid swindles, which is not the case. Nevertheless you should note that pyramid schemes make money from sign up costs and such charges without actually providing goods and services. This is not the case hence the allegations of ACN pyramid con aren't correct.

One wonders why ACN is labeled a rip-off. Is it because of the enrollment payment and subsequent monthly fees to enroll for the MLM promotion? It would naturally seem to imply that those registering would aim to win something in return for their funds they have contributed. Not all will gain in this manner, leading to claims that the operation is a scam.

What makes it not be a ponzi operation, is the incontrovertible fact that they deal with the promoting of telecommunication services. It is the reason as to the reasons why they partner with telecommunication multinationals such as sprint, T-mobile, Verizon, direct TV and ATT among others . These established corporations would not be enthusiastic to work side by side with ACN if the claims were right. This would damage their reputation irretrievably.

The start up amount needed, which is in the area of 500 US dollars, compared with what is required to start a business, is essentially minimum. For any partaker to realize good returns, they should work hard and stop treating it as a spare time pursuit.

It's also important to note why the MLM approach is employed in spite of its connection with pyramid swindles. Since companies need to grow, they want more customers and staff to handle the extra obligations. The MLM approach is better as the employees / representatives are also customers.

Considering all these aspects it is clear that ACN pyramid scam claims are not primarily based on facts. If you're looking for a way to earn income this is a fantastic opportunity. You need to actually check out the ACN free report on how to achieve success in Multi Level Marketing.

Learn more about why the ACN Pyramid scheme is not a scam now in our super guide to everything you need to know about the ACN pyramid scam on http://www.acnpyramidscam.net (Adele Mostert Acn Pyramid Scam)
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM   #8
Top Level Member
CrimeBustersNow's Flag is: Canada

Default Re: What do you think of ACN/ MLM? (all communication network)

ACN is a mathematically doomed pyramid fraud. As it begins to collapse there no doubt be more law suits. Amway is supposed to be a legal above board MLM, with the backing of the (corrupt) DSA and the BBB. They just settled a $150 million Class Action law suit rather that having a court decide if they are indeed a pyramid fraud.

Why would a company with the money Amway appears to have not defend itself so they could demonstrate, with a court decision, how "legal" they are so as to protect their rapidly eroding "reputation" and "credibility???"

$150 million is not "chump change" and the largest judgement so far levied against a so-called "MLM."

Note:

Calgary RCMP, Staff Sergeant Bill Ralstin says it's easy to spot a pyramid.

...He says buying a product to get into the scheme doesn't make it legal either.

...He says you're just buying the right to recruit people into the program.

dave - CBNow
www.crimebustersnow.com
Exposing Government, Police, & Corporate Corruption
One Fraud at a Time

Last edited by CrimeBustersNow; Dec 11th, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
CrimeBustersNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #9
PINJL's Flag is: United States

Default Re: What do you think of ACN/ MLM? (all communication network)

Well, the math behind it proves that it is going to be problematic. I am not a huge fan of the MLM-style of money making and feel that my time and assets could be used more constructively elsewhere.
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #10
jbrad's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ACN is a MLM company and a pyramid company. MLMers will tell you it isn't but it is. The compensation plan tells you it is. It is based on a 2x7 matrix (which is a pyramid). In other words you need to recruit 2 people who in turn must recruit 2 and on and on. More money is made by recruiting people than by selling the product. Their own website states that the average amount earned by a rep is $500.00. That is pretty sad when you consider all the time spent on it and the fact that you have to pay $500 just to join and a monthly fee to keep your website up, etc. etc.. In other words you are guaranteed to lose money the minute you write them the 1st check to join.

The products are overpriced as in all MLM schemes. They have to be because there are too many layers of compensation to be paid out. The products are very competitive and can be purchased at lower rates from a large number of companies.

In the MLM industry, less than 1% make a profit and the ones that do are the Executives who are up on the podium trying to talk you into buying into this wonderful business opportunity. The MLM business is great for the company itself in that they don't have to pay salaries and get thousands of people selling for them. But the independent reps. themselves make less than minimum wage and 99% of them drop out after several months. Just because the company pays Donald Trump a lot of money to endorse it doesn't make it a good business opportunity for the individual.

Ken
This is 100% inaccurate
jbrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
acn, acninc.com, mlm

This thread has 12 replies and has been viewed 29335 times