Tape recording: Can someone tape record you without your knowledge?

This is a discussion on Tape recording: Can someone tape record you without your knowledge? within the Small Claims Courts forum, part of the Civil Litigation category; Hi, my question is: can someone tape record you without your knowledge, and later use it in court, is this ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 12:28 AM   #1

Confused Tape recording: Can someone tape record you without your knowledge?

Hi, my question is: can someone tape record you without your knowledge, and later use it in court, is this legal, can you give me the law that either permits this or does not permit it. thanks debbie.
debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 12:42 AM   #2

Confused re: Tape recording: Can someone tape record you without your knowledge?

HI, my question is can someone tape record, you without your knowlege, and then use it in court,Is this legal? can you e-mail me a copy of what the law says about this thanks Debbie
debbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 30th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Tape recording: Can someone tape record you without your knowledge?

We normally recommend you check with your state attorney general's office or the local police dept. before taping--See also "taping phone calls" on our site-- http://www.worldlawdirect.com/article/1042 -- if you can't tape calls then you normally cannot tape conversations--if you can tape calls then check with your State Attorney General for the laws regarding in-person conversations--

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 3224 times