new owner, never signed car title, had accident

This is a discussion on new owner, never signed car title, had accident within the Small Claims Courts forum, part of the Civil Litigation category; florida being sued after i sold car new owner did not register car i did cancel insurance 2 months before ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #1
otilia06's Flag is: United States

Default new owner, never signed car title, had accident

florida

being sued after i sold car new owner did not register car i did cancel insurance 2 months before accident and surrender car plates. new owner denies he ever owned car i do not have his signature that he brought car. but i do have witnesses he purchased car
otilia06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default re: new owner, never signed car title, had accident

How was the car plated when in the accident? Why did you not properly transfer title and keep a copy?
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that you can present the evidence of person in front of whom you have signed the car. In this regard the evidence of person can prove that there has been sale. Further if you have received consideration for sale through check then that can be additional evidence of sale of car. You can inform court that sale proceed at around the time suggested by witness proves sale beyond reasonable doubt.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #4

did not have the plates registered to car i turn those in a month before accident. and my son -in- law sold car to a coworker at work. my daughter received 1000.00 in cash from the new owner.. he had fititous plates im trying to get police report but since i dont have file number its hard.

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #5

#2 Sincerely i signed title in front of son -in-law who in turn was giving the title to his co worker who was buying car. He never made copy of title. I have all my documents of surrending plates and the address drivers license number and his name the new owner who brought car.

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: new owner, never signed car title, had accident

You will need to present compelling evidence you don't own the car. As it is still titled to you, your negligence may backfire. Good Luck.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 755 times