Can I sue the University of Phoenix?

This is a discussion on Can I sue the University of Phoenix? within the Small Claims Courts forum, part of the Civil Litigation category; Hi, i enrolled Uop two years ago, i was only in the school for about 2 months when I had ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Can I sue the University of Phoenix?

Hi, i enrolled Uop two years ago, i was only in the school for about 2 months when I had to drop out due to a long illness. well even thou I had dropped out of the school, they kept my student loans and told me that if i only went for a month i wouldn't have had to pay the loans back, but since i finished two classes i have to pay back the loans. My issue is, they never told me that. they only said I would pay back the loans after 4 years. I am disabled and cannot afford a 3000 loan payment. also the school says I owe them $219., can anyone help? I thought the payments were supposed to go back to loan if you dropped out? my cousin went for longer and they sent her a letter saying she didn't have to repay the loan? can someone help me? thank you.
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Can I sue the University of Phoenix?

I wish to inform you that you may file a lawsuit if you can show that university had misled you by either not informing you about complete details of student loan or by showing that misleading information was told to you. You must have necessary evidence to show your view point. As university is at fault then you may first give a notice and then file a lawsuit. You may inform all the facts to the court after which the court will decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1760 times