Suing University Of Phoenix, What Are My Chances?

This is a discussion on Suing University Of Phoenix, What Are My Chances? within the Small Claims Courts forum, part of the Civil Litigation category; I have been quite happy with them. Sorry to see these problems!...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 24th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: Suing University Of Phoenix, What Are My Chances?

I have been quite happy with them. Sorry to see these problems!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 12:48 PM   #12
Unregistered

Angry Re: Suing University Of Phoenix, What Are My Chances?

I also had a problem with University of Phoenix too. I was in a year - for a degree in Health Administration. I sent my last report in. I know I did. They said they never received it and I failed. They told me I would have to take the class over again and pay the fee. I ended up not finishing the course. I was so angry at these people. Then I started receiving these e-mails about starting back up when I was ready to complete the class. So I could achieve my degree. I hear know that they are not a credited University.

I should not have to pay that amount of money - If the University is not a credited school. I have been paying my loan back to the bank- but i refuse to pay the University.

What can I do. I single mother a daughter in college- with no money. I can't afford a lawyer.
Please help.

Old Apr 26th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #13
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Suing University Of Phoenix, What Are My Chances?

Can anyone point me to a lawyer or law firm who has expertise in this realm? It almost sounds like the outcome of this case has set a precedence and I am now experiencing it with my school's online program.

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #14
Unregistered

University of Phoenix is basically a scam! They overcharge for classes, they are constantly making mistakes and all they Carr about is the money. I have been attending since February 2011. My enrollment advisor was wonderful and made me feel confident and excited about my decision. My financial aid advisor, however, seems to care less. He is NEVER in the office he never returns my calls and he always messes up my paperwork! The curriculum is middle school / elementary level and most if the teachers teach during the day at adolescent schools! I have yet to learn ANYTHING!! The staff is unprofessional, rude and immature! One of my teachers is inky two years older than me, (I'm 25) and was late EVERY class and dressed very provactively. No need to mention that I have only spoken to my academic advisor twice in five months!! Finding out that the credits I've earned may have been a waste if time simply infuriates me. I will NEVER refer a person to this school as long as there is breath in my body! If anyone is looking for a school. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. In La Holland is a great school to attend! They have an excellent curriculum and everyone is helpful, timely and works with you closely to ensure your. Success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I regret to hear you had a bad experience regarding your FAFSA, financial aid, and the withdrawal process. The University of Phoenix has an office dedicated to hearing student complaints and doing their best to resolve them. If you would like the Office of Dispute Management to look into your issue, please contact us through any of the methods below:

Mailing address:
Office of Dispute Management
University of Phoenix
4615 E Elwood Street
Mail Stop: AA-S401
Phoenix, AZ 85040

Email address:
UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu

Phone:
602-557-5566

Fax:
480-557-2275

Best regards,
Libby Bailey, University Relations Administrator
On behalf of University of Phoenix - Office of Dispute Management
4615 E. Elwood Street │ AA-S401 | Phoenix, AZ 85040
phone: 602-557-5566| fax: 480-557-2275 | email: UofPhoenix@phoenix.edu

Old Aug 11th, 2011, 05:01 PM   #15
Unregistered

I am about to file a suit against these scammers since i looked into attending but never did and could not have since at that time i only had dial up service. they in turned tried to bill me for callsses i never signed up for or attended etc. yet since their "advisor" wanted paid which they get money for each student they sign up. that person enrolled me. I complained several times and never logged on to their site. Yet they reported me to the credit bureaus and when i filed a dispute with the bureaus they responded i was afull time student there for over a year. They have been put on notice and filing monday wish me luck

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #16
Unregistered

I need to get with you obviously. The financial aid department of phoenix online has left me homeless.
an unprofessional fascilitator of the hum 111 course failed to give me proper accomodation as a disabled student when i was sick with pnuemonia. I am a disabled student who relies on my loans and grants to pay my bills. The fascilitator waited until almost a month had passed before changing my grade to a passing one which cancelled my eligibility for aid and left me unable to pay my bills and i am now on the street.
i made several requests for assistance to find a new home and only asked a fraction of what the school has cost me. I was then met with lies, waiting games and eventually a threatening email from the administrator tondra saying i was to cease and desist and not bring the matter up again.
if we can band together we can make this a multi million dollar class action lawsuit.
my email is weh66202@gmail.com

Old May 26th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #17
Unregistered

I completed the Master's and Credential program with UOP. I received documentation that all of the steps necessary were completed and that UOP would be filing my documents with the state of California Commission for Teacher Credential. I received my Master's Degree in 2009 when the recommendation letter should have been sent to the Commission, apparently this didn't happen. I applied for an elementary teacher position and just found out that my credential paperwork was never submitted. Now UOP is not willing to correct there error. The are in fact demanding that I retake the CSET again because my scores are no longer valid. Had UOP done what I paid them to do the first time, this wouldn't be necessary. Now the job opportunity may not be a possibility. I am to suffer for UOP's error, this can't be legal. I struggled once when trying to be a full time student, going through these tests while pregnant, trying to set myself up for success when the country was going through a depression and now I am being penalized. My family is being penalized, I paid for a service and UOP failed me. Planning on Suing UOP, what are my chances?

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #18
Unregistered

Thumbs Down Re: Suing University Of Phoenix, What Are My Chances?

Where so I start? I am a Veteran and UofP have made my life a living nightmare. I started classes back in September 2011 and just when I thought my degree was complete with the last class the Academic Advisor informed me that I had one more upper division elective remaining. I was enrolled in a Texas Teachers Certification program that dropped me because I did not obtain my degree in time that was stated originally. I ended up trying to take several other classes and was too stressed and upset to finish. I left the University with 97% of my degree completed. It seemed as if the Instructors as well as the Advisors were determined to make it hard for me. I complained and reported yet I ended up with no degree. I decided to go back and its all about money with this University. They want to be able to control all finances coming in for you before you can see anything. If we are in college then we are adults, and I don't need the University to control my finances. They only awarded me 655.00 over the amount of the class. They gave me such a hard time trying to revert what they claim I selected for them to manage my account that I left it alone. Now that the class is complete it is paid for but they are holding on to my funds to see if it needs to go toward future classes. Not considering that I need gas, food and materials for the class. I have no finance for this class yet and I have completed it. The FAW is a joke and it only accommodates the school not the student. Who is paying back the loans? Whenever you talk to anyone, you are told anything like you are stupid and dumb. They have no integrity. They lock certain forms on the Faw so that you can't go in and change it and they tell you if you do it will throw off you aid. For some of us school is our job and how we get money to gain our degree and finance to survive. They have taken my VA benefits and applied to a class I dropped and I ended up owing the VA because I received an F for a grade. I am in a low paying job because I don't have a degree yet and this school has stressed me so that I am angry and disappointed. Something needs to be done with this University taking advantage of people and having no regard to lives they ruin. I have spoke with Dispute Management and they are a joke. They work for the University and probably sit right next to you Advisor.

Old Jul 12th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #19
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

I'm confused how you need gas and food to take online courses. Is the gas to make grocery store runs for munchies while you do these classes?

Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is online now   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #20
Unregistered

Angry Re: Suing University Of Phoenix, What Are My Chances?

I reside in Arkansas and I am a single mother. When I chose to further my education, I chose Axia College (online) in Phoenix, AZ. Through acquisition, I was assured that my degree in teaching would be accepted in the state of Arkansas. I eventually finished my AA in Teaching degree and was in my first year of my Bachelors when it was brought to my attention that Arkansas, in fact, does NOT recognize their teaching program. Because I was misled and lied to, the time spent and the financial aid that went towards my AA in Teaching degree, was for nothing. So, I backtracked and received my AA in Teaching degree through a local 2yr college here nearby. Why didn't I just do this to begin with? At the time I had a young child and did not have the help I would need in order to attend classes. I thought I was doing the right thing by attending Axia and it would all work out and be ok. To add insult to injury, I never received my AA in Teaching degree from Axia.
I am not "sue happy". I feel that I should be able to get back the financial aide that was paid out towards a degree that is absolutely useless to me. I feel that I was misled and now I am unable to finish my degree in teaching (Bachelors) Why would I knowingly waste my time and financial aide towards a degree that is not going to benefit me? The answer is simple....I would not.
What can I legally do to get this right?

Bookmark & Share

Tags
university of phoenix

This thread has 28 replies and has been viewed 11694 times