VOETSTOOTS AGREEMENT - OTTAWA CAR SALES

This is a discussion on VOETSTOOTS AGREEMENT - OTTAWA CAR SALES within the Small Claims Courts forum, part of the Civil Litigation category; On the 6th of April 2009, i purchased a 1998 Toyota Corolla 160i GLE for R36 000 from a place ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #1
Unregistered

Angry VOETSTOOTS AGREEMENT - OTTAWA CAR SALES

On the 6th of April 2009, i purchased a 1998 Toyota Corolla 160i GLE for R36 000 from a place called Ottawa Car Sales (as per a signed Voetstoots contract). I took ownership of the vehicle and paid the owner cash. Upon taking the car for COR on the 10th of April 2009, i was informed that the entire front of the vehicle was welded onto the rest of the vehicle. I feel that this was misrepresentation on the part of the seller, as had i known this, i would not have purchased the vehicle. I have asked the seller to return the amount paid and take back the car. However he has refused. Is there any legal action that i can take to get my money back?
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old May 6th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: VOETSTOOTS AGREEMENT - OTTAWA CAR SALES

No, you cannot claim your money back. You bought the car as is (voetstoots sale). In this type of contract you are buying the car as it stands with all defects if any.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: VOETSTOOTS AGREEMENT - OTTAWA CAR SALES

I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM PEOPLE THAT THIS IS NOT OTTAWA CAR SALES IN OTTAWA CANADA WE DO NOT KNOW OF THIS CUSTOMER OR THE VEHICLE
THERE MUST BE A OTTAWA CAR SALES COMPANY SOME OTHER PLACE THAN HERE IN OTTAWA CANADA
THANKS FOR READING

Old Feb 9th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #4
Darielle

This is a car dealership in South Africa.

and, unfortunately, the agreement does mean that you get the car with all it's defects and quirks without any further claim.

the agreement is a tough one from the buyers side in situation like this. all you can do is check every aspect of the vehicle before agreeing to the purchase.

Old Jul 6th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #5
sujiro's Flag is: United States

Business is what all about here. But first and foremost you need to think of yourself as a business. Car sales for example selling recovery van people work for an auto dealership, but most work on a salary and commission basis. When your compensation is commission based, this means you have more control of your destiny and should view yourself as a business instead of just a sales person.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 6261 times