My boss is stealing my hours. What can I do?

This is a discussion on My boss is stealing my hours. What can I do? within the Salary & Workers Compensation forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; I don't want to lose my job and I've asked them about how my hours are disappearing and they act ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Kh21's Flag is: United States

Default My boss is stealing my hours. What can I do?

I don't want to lose my job and I've asked them about how my hours are disappearing and they act like they have no idea. I save my clock out slip and my hours magically disappear a day or 2 after I work them and by the end of the week my "hours for the week" reads 20-something when it should be in the 30s! I don't know what to do but I feel like I should sue them. Advice please??
Kh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: My boss is stealing my hours. What can I do?

As you did not list a state, I suggest you file a complaint with your states DOL if there is one.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that you may maintain an attendance log in which you may meticulously record all your working hours. In case of dispute, you may show your log to the management. If the matter is not resolved, you may file a complaint with the local office of the Department of Labor or file a lawsuit. You will have to prove with evidence the claims and allegations made by you in the Complaint.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh21 View Post
I don't want to lose my job and I've asked them about how my hours are disappearing and they act like they have no idea. I save my clock out slip and my hours magically disappear a day or 2 after I work them and by the end of the week my "hours for the week" reads 20-something when it should be in the 30s! I don't know what to do but I feel like I should sue them. Advice please??

Yes, you should sue if you have to so you are paid for your work. There are lawyers whose practice is regularly filing claims against employers who cheat their employees. So you should take this claim to a lawyer in your area and proceed from there.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 996 times