Workers comp. If I quit my job what happens to my claim?

This is a discussion on Workers comp. If I quit my job what happens to my claim? within the Salary & Workers Compensation forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; If I am in the middle of a work comp claim and I quit my job what happens to my ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 06:53 PM   #1
Unregistered

Confused Workers comp. If I quit my job what happens to my claim?

If I am in the middle of a work comp claim and I quit my job what happens to my claim ???
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Workers comp. If I quit my job what happens to my claim?

This is what i was told by another:

Voluntarily leaving your employment while treating with an authorized workers' compensation doctor could adversely affect your rights toreceive certain types of lost wage benefits. If you are treating with an authorized workers' compensation doctor and that doctor has released you to return to work with work related restrictions, it is important that you at least attempt to return to work for the employer, within those limitations. Failure to do so could result in the workers' compensation insurance carrier discontinuing the payment of lost wage benefits. Once you have completed treatment with a doctor and have reached maximum medical improvement with regarding to the injury and the doctor has assigned a permanent impairment rating, quitting your job will not affect your right to receive impairment income benefits that are provided by law.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Workers comp. If I quit my job what happens to my claim?

best to check with workers comp staff as well

Old Sep 27th, 2008, 06:09 AM   #4
Unregistered

Question re: Workers comp. If I quit my job what happens to my claim?

I'm a 31 yr old male and I was working for a temp Agecy about to be hire full time through the company.I got hurt at work and have had two surgeries since May 2008. Upon getting hurt I went to the emergecy room on my own and was diagnosised with syiatcia. Ask me when I wanted to return and i told him a few days cuz I needed to get back to work. The next few days my condition worsen and couldn't return to light duty as recommended by the Dr. Well since I had to to miss a undisclosed time off work the company I was working for let me go. Then the Temp Agecy made me come in and refill out my application saying they were going to put me on light duty in the office. So I refilled out my application and later on that day they called and informed me that I put something onmy application the 2nd time that I didn't put the first time. I had a fusion, and a removed herniated disk and blood cot in my L-4 L-5 lower lumbar. I'm still having back and leg pain and i think some of the original pain is coming back. I know it is still post op surgery but how long should it take and should I be concerned? And what will happen when they release me from work and I have No job to go back to. I think therapy has helped but lately and I don't know if I'm gonna fully recover. It seems like I'm in more pain after therapy and still sore the next time I come. And it doesn't help that they're trying to get me off my pain meds which since this happened it's really been the only sort of relief I got I don't think it's doing anymore for me and basically I don't think my doctor can do anymore either. I have a lawyer but this is all crazy I have missing checks and the insurance does things when they,re ready to. Well there is my story I'm asking for a lil input on this situation. Thank You

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 9261 times