Company wont pay me for work I did!

This is a discussion on Company wont pay me for work I did! within the Salary & Workers Compensation forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; Hello, In April/May I did work for a promotional company. I participated in two different assignments. The company will not ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 02:20 PM   #1

Default Company wont pay me for work I did!

Hello,

In April/May I did work for a promotional company. I participated in two different assignments. The company will not pay me. I completed my work and had no problems. The contract said they had 90 days to pay. When I asked within that time frame that said accounting issues, etc., and that it would be within the time frame of 90 days. Now that it has been WAY past the 90 days the lady won’t even respond to my e-mails to explain anything let alone pay. I really needed this money or I would not have done promotional work in the first place. Can someone please help me? I would like either a letter to send from a lawyer or for a lawyer to contact them. One of the girls I worked with did not get paid either and after her brother-in-law, who is a lawyer, contacted them she got a check in the mail. I am hoping the same will happen for me! Also, can anything be done to have them pay for taking so long? If this was a loan interest would be charged! Isn’t there some way to ask for compensation for their neglect?

Thank you for your help,

Victoria
victoria82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Company wont pay me for work I did!

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...you could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior...

World Law's lawyers could also probably help resolve this if need be. You may email them on the home page.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 4152 times