WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW > Other Real Estate Law Matters > Getting kicked out of my apartment (American citizen living in Germany)

Getting kicked out of my apartment (American citizen living in Germany)

This is a discussion on Getting kicked out of my apartment (American citizen living in Germany) within the Other Real Estate Law Matters forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; I am an American citizen living with my German girlfriend in Germany. My girlfriend's name is on the lease but ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Closed Thread  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #1
pruittro's Flag is: Germany

Default Getting kicked out of my apartment (American citizen living in Germany)

I am an American citizen living with my German girlfriend in Germany. My girlfriend's name is on the lease but her legal advisor said I have to leave her apartment or she will call the police to enforce it. She gave me six days to find a new place. Then my girlfriend wants me out too and gave me two days to leave. I'm not sure what the laws are regarding this or if they can just kick me out without giving me time to find a new place. I am registered at the American military base where I work, but I am not in the military. I am not registered at my girlfriend's apartment or anywhere in Germany because I have a SOFA card which allows me not to have a residence permit. Is there a certain amount of time I get before I can move out?
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Forum Administrator

Default Re: Getting kicked out of my apartment (American citizen living in Germany)

Duplicate thread.

Can I get thrown out on the streets? (USA military base, Germany)

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now! Click Here
Find Legal Forms for All 50 States

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Closed Thread

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1301 times