WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW > Other Real Estate Law Matters > Property Abandonment: How can I get my ex husbands name off the deed?

Property Abandonment: How can I get my ex husbands name off the deed?

This is a discussion on Property Abandonment: How can I get my ex husbands name off the deed? within the Other Real Estate Law Matters forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; How can I get my soon to be ex husbands name off the Investment Property home deed? We are separated ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #1

Default Property Abandonment: How can I get my ex husbands name off the deed?

How can I get my soon to be ex husbands name off the Investment Property home deed? We are separated he is unable to be located. I am paying all mortgages/taxes/repairs and maintenance. But his name is still on the deed. How can I get his name off the deed? How can I publicly/legally establish he abandoned the property? We have only been married 18 months and I owned the property before I married him...I refinanced and added him to property.

Last edited by slimz29; Apr 29th, 2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: error in question
slimz29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Property Abandonment: How can I get my ex husbands name off the deed?

You have to get a form and he has to sign the form, no one else can sign the form or its fraud.

What state is the property in, they may have certain laws.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Property Abandonment: How can I get my ex husbands name off the deed?

The divorce court will order that that be done and if he cannot be located the court will issue the order itself to remove him.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1693 times