Neighbors Videotaping

This is a discussion on Neighbors Videotaping within the Neighbor Law forum, part of the Other Real Estate Law Matters category; This pedophile thing is getting out of hand. put your kids in burkas or keep them inside. Walmarts stores have ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member
Postman's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Neighbors Videotaping

This pedophile thing is getting out of hand. put your kids in burkas or keep them inside. Walmarts stores have an hundreds of video cameras, even in childrens wear. By your deductions Walmart is a pedophile.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 07:05 AM   #12
Unregistered

To the person who last posted, who has the 9 yr old daughter and the female pedafile neighbor-

The cops won't do anything but you can by simply going to the police station and filing a complaint against her because BY LAW YOUR PRIVACY IS PROTECTED, her video taping public view is not against the law, but if she is video taping your back yard, your private property then she is breaking the law!!! I don't care what state you live in the bottom line is, when you call police to come out, they are limited to what they can do for you, it is up to you to go to the station, file a harrassment charge including destruction of your property, violation of privacy and harrassment with video taping your children. In the meantime, plot that when the girls are out there and see this wacky lady video taping them, you then take YOUR camera out and video her taping your kids, you don't have to do this, but in the event the judge needs proof, you have it. Gather as much evidence as need be.
Know that it is never too late to press charges, if this happened 2 weeks ago or a month ago, you can still file the complaint and go to court.

We have renters who carry on something awful, this is a nice neighborhood aside from these "animals" there are numerous complaints to the police, so many that they were summons 2x of $400.00 and still continue to act like this, we were informed that we can video tape for proof, but that we must be careful as to where we video tape, cannot tape their back yard, only what is in public view such as the street, their sidewalk MAYBE their front yard depending on what activity is taking place, for example when they try to use our yard, theirs, and their next door neighbors yard as a football field then I can video all activity including their front yard because it is them coming from their yard, running on ours etc..

Also, cops don't really know legal advice because I went to the station and informed the chief clerk officer that I did not need them on my lawn, if they get hurt they can sue us, he said "sue you for their own stupidity?" I said "well think about it, anyone can sue anyone for anything now days and win, look at the woman who spilled coffee on herself and sued Mc Donalds? and how many people slip on the ice in front of other people's homes and businesses and sue for that?" he still didn't believe we would be responsible but yes, if these kids get hurt on our property we by law are responsible which is why I want them to stay off!
Just as the twisted law is that when your car is in reverse, even if someone deliberately slams into you, it is your fault because your car was in reverse.
If someone backs up at a red light and hits your car, you are liable because their back is damaged. any damage to another car's rear is the other persons fault. Screwed up isn't it? Just as we were taught to look both ways before crossing the street, now? children and adults just walk out in front of your car, never look, just cross, if they get hit, you are at fault. The laws are screwed up, laws are not for the innocent anymore. You have to fight with all you have, do whatever you have to because if you don't it will get worse, and very ugly. I am at the point right now of pressing charges against these neighbors, you get pushed to that breaking point enough times, you just do it without a second thought. As leary as you may feel and I may feel about taking action, no one will protect ourselves but ourselves, knowing this, we have little choice, the next time there is a situation, action must be taken to show we won't put up with this crap anymore!

Many hugs

Old Aug 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #13
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
This pedophile thing is getting out of hand. put your kids in burkas or keep them inside. Walmarts stores have an hundreds of video cameras, even in childrens wear. By your deductions Walmart is a pedophile.
When I said my neighbor was video taping my kids, I didn't say anything about "pedophile" .. I merely said it was a violation of privacy.. Other people I have spoke to did mention the word 'pervert' when I told them about my neighbor.
It makes me wonder why after reading what I wrote, you would come up with that deduction yourself...

You seem like a negative person making the suggestion to leave the kids in the house or dress them up in burkas. Not a fan of children? you were once one yourself, and I'm sure your parents would have been just as concerned for your safety.

I for one don't condone the morally wrong acts of peering perverted adults.. unlike yourself.. Kids like anybody else should have the freedom to be able to play in their back yard with out being video taped, and thats all there is to it.

Old Aug 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #14
Unregistered

Many police depts will not allow you to point a camera at your neighbor's yard and film etc.

And they will require it be stopped. This can be for reasons of harassment, questions of purpose, even sexual questions etc.

Bottom line you do not have a 100% right to film anything you wish as to your neighbor. If it is purely for harassment they can be stopped.

Old Oct 19th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #15
Unregistered

Angry Re: Neighbors Videotaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
Excuse me buddy, but at home u should be able to walk around or sit, in you own bleeping yard or home with out you children being bleeping taped, its people like u that allow the bull**** happening today!!

Old Oct 19th, 2008, 11:45 PM   #16
Unregistered

as you see above in many posts the police will stop it in many cases

Old Dec 29th, 2008, 11:00 PM   #17
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by loved08 View Post
you can even make the sign yourself. write down when you make the sign & put it up. I'm sorry this is happening to you. there is an EVIL presence in this world & it's only getting stronger as the end nears.

1st. the sign.
2-call the cops, MAKE them (DO NOT TAKE NO FOR THIS THEY *HAVE* TO LET YOU SIGN THIS & THEY HAVE TO SIGN IT TOO)
MAKE them SERVE him w/ a trespass notice. he has to be SERVED BEFORE you can have him arrested for tres. 2 different occasions. you can fill it out w/ a cop then have them serve him. tell them you feel your safety, life, etc is in danger and you need to know what to do. the NEXT time a "COP" tells you to "NOT CALL" you need to get his name & badge #. he will be demoted for this. his **JOB** is PUBLIC SAFETY. they tend to forget this.
4. document everything. this guy/girl is a harrassing *******. if you want to get him/her for "harasmt" you have to have 3 different (3rd being the actual arresting incident) documented that officers have come out, talked to him/her and you and you have filed a police report for this SPECIFIC crime, (him/her yelling, cussing-which is verbal assault, screaming insults, threatning you, etc.). THEN they will & have to arrest him/her. also-if you can get a $10 recorder that will fit in your pocket USE IT!!! go get a simple digital recorder and put it in your pocket EACH time he/she comes NEAR you or you go outside where they will be; record his ass yelling, cussing, etc. this is also evidence for when you go to trial. this will be important as the cops around here tend to think ppl (like us) make this **** up. ugh. if only.

another thing. i know it's all a lot to take in but dont' be afraid of him/her. (not that the following is tooo comforting..but know) it IS all in GOD'S plan for you. you can help yourself by the above mentioned; but be brave knowing he is protecting you. usually if you mention GOD/hell they get scared by thinking you're a "religious freak". idiots.
good luck. get back to us. also-have a close relative that you trust document this too. try not to go outside in confrontation w/ this **** alone too often. this could be dangerous as charges tend to piss off some ppl. ha. if they shut their mouth it wouldn't be charged. also you can take him to small claims court and sue his ass for civil punishments. um...public humilition, damages to your car-house-etc, verbal assault, etc. all the things you want to paid for. sue him. judges wonder why we have soooo many lawsuits. hello? bc their slackass cop-friends don't do **** to protect us BEFORE someone gets killed. hello.
I agree with your last statement and with what you are trying to say. My parents have been living across the street from a nut case and his son that is following in his foot steps threatening to kill my parents, putting nails under our cars so we can get into an accident with our children in the car. We have caught him on video tape doing these things and the most that was done was his pistol was taken away, no arrest, and his hunting guns he still has. It is so crazy to think something tragic has to happen before the law takes action, then what will it all mean when my parents are dead.

Old Dec 30th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #18
Unregistered

Talk to the chief of the department. Many police departments will not permit such harassing taping.

...if you still need help contact world law direct and they may assign a lawyer to assist as they did in my situation--no more taping by the those nutcases and it is all over!!

Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:24 PM   #19
Unregistered

Videotaping the street and your own back yard is acceptable. However videotaping your kids in the back yard may not be. In Tennessee a anti-voyeurism bill was paased and anywhere public where an acceptable level of privacy is expected then you can't video tape or use a camera. This includes gyms,dressing rooms,upskirting/downblousing at a concert,etc. Try contacting your state representative to create a similiar law in your state. Also call social services and ask what guidelines are about your situation. They may be able to help. I tape my street and my driveway to avoid additional car breakins. If I don't have a problem I don't even watch the tapes. I will say that there also needs to be guidelines in place for the issue of security cameras. The police said tape the nieghbor who has been harrassing me and my family for they need the evidence but at the same time say the neighbor says I'm using the camera to harrass him every time the police are called out and they talk to him. I then have some of the officers say to quit taping the neighbor. I don't keep up with any of it unless he is cussing my family,stalking us and our guests or on our property. I have had him cut me off in traffic nearly causing a wreck and a lot of other stuff that is being called civil issues by police. Keep in mind that in some states that harrassment and trespassing are both civil and criminal. Police here in midddle Tennsseee mark the call civil,tell you they can't do anything about the matter and viola there is no paperwork/report done. On the officers end the matter is settled and if you don't ask for report that at least says "matter of record" then you won't have any outside documentation that anything went on at all. Ask for a matter of record each time an officer is out and if they won't help criminally pursue thing then by try small claims court. The fee for small claims court is affordable,no lawyer is needed, and you may get the injunction you seek to stop the neighbor. Collect all police reports,photos,your own videotapes,and letters from witnesses that have been notorized. good luck

Old Sep 5th, 2009, 08:11 PM   #20
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello. I am 65 years old and have lived in this neighborhood all of my life. I reside in Ohio, for those that need to know. I have always been surrounded by wonderful caring neighbors, but in the last 10 years that has changed. The neighbors across the street verbally harass me and my daughter, the father of the home constantly comes into my yard and dumps his leaf piles, and they also videotape our comings and goings, and it happened again today. I have called the police, but they have informed me that nothing can be done of the videotaping, and one officer told me to never call them again. I want to know what can be done to have the neighbor and his family stop videotaping us. Talking to them is not an option. I need advice fast, as this is causing me great stress. Thank you.
PUT UP A CLOTHESLIN!!! WE DID BECAUSE OUR SICKO NEIGHBOR IS VIDEOTAPING US USING A CAMERA SET UP INSIDE HER HOUSE ON A TRIPOD. THE CLOTHESLINE GAVE US IMMEDIATE PRIVACY... WE HUNG CHEAP SHEETS IN AN ARRAY OF COLORS & ALSO SOME RELLY SKIMPY UNDEREWEAR FACING HER SIDE... WE CAN FINALLY ENJOY OUR YARD AGAIN!!! GOOD LUCK

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 25 replies and has been viewed 18624 times