If I was letting my neighbour use some of my land can they take my land?

This is a discussion on If I was letting my neighbour use some of my land can they take my land? within the Neighbor Law forum, part of the Other Real Estate Law Matters category; If I have been letting my neighbour use some of my land and they know it is mine, can they ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 07:39 AM   #1

Confused If I was letting my neighbour use some of my land can they take my land?

If I have been letting my neighbour use some of my land and they know it is mine, can they claim it for theirs after a certain amount of time?
Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: If I was letting my neighbour use some of my land can they take my land?

Hi, I believe from what I was told from a surveyor that you could use your land after 15 years of not doing anything about it. This is in Ct. Could possibly be different state to state. Find out asap!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 6th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #3

Default re: If I was letting my neighbour use some of my land can they take my land?

must be farm land, i would tell them get off see you,or i will charge you for tresspassing
riskyrussell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 6th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #4
Top Level Member
annjd's Flag is: United States

If you have been making it clear it is your land all along, then they have no rights.
You may have to prove that so keep any evidence.

But halt any use asap if they seem to be thinking the land is theirs now.
annjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3297 times