Is my green card valid and can I go back to the US on that card?

This is a discussion on Is my green card valid and can I go back to the US on that card? within the Naturalization & Citizenship forum, part of the Other Immigration Law & Visas category; I was married to a US citizen in June 2004. I went to the US in May 2005 on an ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 01:01 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Is my green card valid and can I go back to the US on that card?

I was married to a US citizen in June 2004. I went to the US in May 2005 on an immigrant visa and received my conditional green card. My marriage was horrible from the start. In feb of 2007 I filed for removal of conditions. While my petition was pending, things got really bad and I filed for divorce in may 2007. I had no money and no way to look for a job and was living in a freind's house so I decided to come back to my country as he would not turn up for hearings. My divorce was finalized in the US in feb of 2008 and I received my 10 year green card in March of 2008. I am not sure how to proceed now as I am still in my home country but planning to go bac to the US. Is my green card valid and can I go back to the US on that card?
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Green Card

Review your details briefly with an immigration lawyer as well.

But it should be valid and you should still be able to enter.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM   #3

Default Re: Is my green card valid and can I go back to the US on that card?

I would consult the USCIS offices but am sure it is still valid. there may be an expiry date however on how long you have until you need return to the country. just check.
rorypirrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 11th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Is my green card valid and can I go back to the US on that card?

Buddy DO NOT CONTACT THE USCIS... talk to an Immigration attorney

Old May 7th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #5
Unregistered

Default can my husband and I apply for the green card with no need of sponsorship?

Me and my husband have been living here for more than 6 years . We have being here with work or student visa and never undocumented. I'm a social worker and my husband is a chef. This lawer told me that we can apply for the green card whith no need of sponsorship and she is charging $8500 for both of us. Is that true? can my husband and I apply for the green card without a sponsor?

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 4657 times