AMERICAWESTPETROLEUM.COM

This is a discussion on AMERICAWESTPETROLEUM.COM within the Money Frauds and Scams forum, part of the OTHER TOPICS OF INTEREST category; Is anyone here can tell me if this company site is a scam or not. Because i applied to this ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:34 AM   #1
riodelmar's Flag is: Philippines

Confused AMERICAWESTPETROLEUM.COM

Is anyone here can tell me if this company site is a scam or not. Because i applied to this site (AmericaWestPetroleum) and i received a post mail. It indicates there the process for applying jobs. And, also they asking me for $40 for processing fee and shipping fee.

I will appreciate to those who will response to me. And it will help me to decide whether i go or not to send my documents and the said amount. I just want to work in a foreign country and to a big company like this an offshore oil company.

Thanks and Godbless.
riodelmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: AMERICAWESTPETROLEUM.COM

I wish to inform you that every company in USA is registered with the office of Secretary of State. In this regard you can verify details of a company through the search available at website of Secretary of State. You may also send a letter to US Embassy seeking details of Oil Companies and Oil Companies Associations. This enable you to completely verify details of oil company.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #3
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by riodelmar View Post
Is anyone here can tell me if this company site is a scam or not. Because i applied to this site (AmericaWestPetroleum) and i received a post mail. It indicates there the process for applying jobs. And, also they asking me for $40 for processing fee and shipping fee.

I will appreciate to those who will response to me. And it will help me to decide whether i go or not to send my documents and the said amount. I just want to work in a foreign country and to a big company like this an offshore oil company.

Thanks and Godbless.
Any company that requires you to pay any kind of processing or shipping fee to apply is almost certainly a scam. A genuine employment agency will charge its client companies the costs of recruitment and screening for new employees.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4
loverboy's Flag is: Philippines

I also applied for a job in AMERICA WEST PETROLEUM. Did you already have some information about the said company?
loverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #5
reallyconfused's Flag is: Philippines

I also applied for a job vacancy on this company(AmericaWestPetroleum)and just last week I did received a reply that was sent to me thru postal mail. And enclosed, together with the letter is a Bio-data to be filled up and send back to the office of their HR Department together with that $45 dollars that they are asking for the processing fee. Had someone already undergone with their process? Is this company really exist? I would really appreciate if somebody could send me a reply ASAP because I've alrerady completed all the requirements and I'm about to send my application to them any moment from now. Please Help!
Thanks a lot and God bless!
reallyconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #6
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

As Sandy noted, a well connected company would derive their revenue from the employers, not those seeking a job.

Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #7
01april's Flag is: Philippines

good morning!

how was your application going sir??? i also applied on the same company.. i received the same letter..can you please help me how to verify if its really true.. thank you so much!
01april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #8

@reallyconfused.. i already sent them my application plus 45$ shipping fee.. i again received a letter saying i will be contacted by them after i submitted other requirements such as passport etc. with atleast 10k pesos.. they also offer a travel assistance..
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #9
maicatatud's Flag is: Philippines

Hi @01april I just want to ask if you already mail them back the employment proposal and the travel assistant form with the required money that they ask for????Because I also receive a same post mail and I haven't mail it back, Because I'm still verifying it if its scam or not..

Thanks and God Bless
maicatatud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #10

@maicatatud: i haven't mailed them back yet.. i'm still checking it out..i'm verifying it yet the poea told me to visit their office for legal advise.. i emailed the US embassy in manila but they just sent me on how to process for visa..when is your deadline???

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 172 replies and has been viewed 10574 times