Car scam: The car is a total wreck

This is a discussion on Car scam: The car is a total wreck within the Money Frauds and Scams forum, part of the OTHER TOPICS OF INTEREST category; Bought a car and took to a mechanic for a checkup. He said there is too much wrong to bother ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 02:34 PM   #1
danchend

Default Car scam: The car is a total wreck

Bought a car and took to a mechanic for a checkup. He said there is too much wrong to bother starting to list the many problems with it. It is a total wreck. Contacted the seller and he refuses to give my money back for the car.

The wholesale dealer would not take it back or even refund any money from the sale. Is there any recourse?
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 06:59 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Car scam: The car is a total wreck

I wish to inform you that your sate laws will govern your rights. Generally the seller will be liable to compensate you because the seller has not informed you about the defects and the car has failed to meet the standards of quality and purpose for which car was bought. In this regard lemon law or Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act provides remedy in your case where it has been expressed that vehicle must be of standard quality.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1605 times