WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > OTHER TOPICS OF INTEREST > Money Frauds and Scams > Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

This is a discussion on Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation within the Money Frauds and Scams forum, part of the OTHER TOPICS OF INTEREST category; URGENT ATTENTION!!‏ From: Cook, Bruce (bcook@devry.edu) Sent: Sat 11/08/08 6:58 PM To: Dear Email Owner,This is an online award confirmation ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average. Display Modes
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 01:00 AM   #1
Unregistered

Confused Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

URGENT ATTENTION!!‏
Sent: Sat 11/08/08 6:58 PM

To:

Dear Email Owner,This is an online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation.You have been selected to receive 3,000,000.00USD in the recentlyorganised End Of Year Chevron Texaco International Award (COEFA). For moreinformation please contact Mr. Alexander Dickson on alexander-dick@chevrontexacozonef.com <mailto:alexander-dick@chevrontexacozonef.com> , +447045752514.

Yours Faithfully,
Cook Bruce (Mrs)
Chevron Texaco Corporation
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 01:08 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
URGENT ATTENTION!!‏
Sent: Sat 11/08/08 6:58 PM

To:

Dear Email Owner,This is an online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation.You have been selected to receive 3,000,000.00USD in the recentlyorganised End Of Year Chevron Texaco International Award (COEFA). For moreinformation please contact Mr. Alexander Dickson on alexander-dick@chevrontexacozonef.com <mailto:alexander-dick@chevrontexacozonef.com> , +447045752514.

Yours Faithfully,
Cook Bruce (Mrs)
Chevron Texaco Corporation
I RECENTLY RECIEVED THE EMAIL QUOTED ABOVE. IS IT A SCAM??
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 08:54 PM   #3
Unregistered

Thumbs Down Re: Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

What do you think?

Chevron, an international OIL company (of course, all oil companies are known for giving away money because they are so darn nice) wants to give you three million dollars, for winning a lottery you never signed up for?

Look at the email you recieved this from. Do you think that, even *IF* Chevron were to give away money, they would be anouncing their winnings from their DEVRY email account?

Look at the domain you are to reply to: chevrontexacozonef.com . Firstly, if you ever recieve an email promising money, and the email gives you a different email that you need to reply to, that's a big, HUGE clue that it's a scam. Moreover, does the site even exist? Heck, they can't even get the name of the sender correct- Mrs Bruce Cook?

Sorry, but remember, anything that's too good to be true, probably is.
Old Nov 10th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Banker's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

It's just a knockoff of those popular Nigerian email scams.

Don't ever be a fool and give out any personal information to these foreign dogs.
Banker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2008, 12:41 AM   #5
Unregistered

this is email that i get from this mail as you get!!!!

Chevron Texaco Oil and Gas Company
P O Box 1010
11 G Lower Dorset Street,
Dublin 1, United Kingdom

Dear Winner, This is the Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Company Lottery held every year in Europe. Where Email addresses are picked randomly through the Internet and your email address was picked amongst the 12 lucky winner of this year promo. Congratulations once again from all the staff here. In order to verify your winnings, we need your particulars for record purposes. All participants for this online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online. This promotion takes place weekly. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe and so much other continents as indicated in your play coupon. This form is valid for only those who have won the Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Company Lottery, Fill in the required fields in the space provided below. No field should be left blank, because your particulars are needed for record purposes.
NOTE : IT IS REQUIRED YOU ATTACH THE FORM OR SIMPLY CLICK THE REPLY BUTTON BEFORE FILLING OUT THIS FORM, AS ALL INPUTED DATA MAY BE LOST UPON OUR RECEPTION. IN THE EVENT THAT YOUR BROWSER SETTING DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS PROGRAM e.g html program, YOU ARE TO SEND THE REQUIRED DATA IN PLAIN TEXT FORMAT to our claims desk VIA EMAIL TO: chevron.claimsunit_01@hotmail.com
VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM

1.FULL NAMES: ______________________________

2.ADDRESS:____________________________

3.SEX:_______________

4.AGE:________

5.MARITAL STATUS:___________________
a
6.OCCUPATION:_______________________

7.E-MAIL ADDRESS:_______________________

8.TELEPHONE NUMBER:__________
9.Mobile Number_____________________

10.ANY IDENTIFICATION(Driving License/passport)Y/N__________

11.AMOUNT WON:_____________________

12.WINNERS STATE:________________________
13.WINNERS COUNTRY______________
Upon receipt of the duely requested data, I will send
you the contact information of the payment office so you
can proceed SincerelyMr Kelly West
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 09:43 AM   #6
Unregistered

I got it too!
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #7
Unregistered

Confused Re: Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

i recieved this e mail today from CHEVRON OIL/PETROLEUM

It says that it is informing me that i have won a prize of $1000000.00 US dollars with some id numbers 3 different numbers to be exact. than it says to contact finance department Dr. Terry Froster(remittance director)email chevron.remmitance.live@live.com
tel +23480332238969
yours faithfully online co ordinator

then i replied to them saying that if it was true that i won something what did i have to do and that if it wasnt that they shouldnt be doing that to people that are really in need. he replied back stating get back ASAP if i wanted get the funds in my bank ( im not stupid to do that) or a open certified cheque delivered to you in your country, then he said get back to me as soon as possible.

it also said that this donation was issued by chevron from 2 unlimited oil well discovered in africa (nigeria) and all benefactors were gotten email balloting, note that no tickets were sold.

then he puts regards Dr.T.Froster remittance director

i havent answered back because i thought about looking and i found this web site im not good on comp. but i just wanted to know since i replied to that email what can they get out of me replying back to them. i dont have money in my bank i dont have good credit should i be worried about something or do i need to change everything on my computer. please answer back
Old Jan 31st, 2009, 03:42 PM   #8
Unregistered

Thumbs Down Re: Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

01/31/09
I too just received email that I had won 800,000 and was to reply to barry_williams2009@hot mail.com.
I googled Barry Williams at Chevron Texaco...no such person
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #9
Unregistered

Guys, not only is this a scam, but if you are an American citizen, and this was legit, it would be against FEDERAL LAW to accept the money. That is even if you intentially registered for this lottery or contest.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #10
Unregistered

I have got this mail. I want to know is it true or lie. give me a reply to samanlakmal@yahoo.com or nilangalakmal@gmail.com
On Fri, 6/2/09, Kevin Brown <brow4970@kettering.edu> wrote:

Subject: CHEVRON TEXACO OIL/GAS
To:
Date: Friday, 6 February, 2009, 11:36 AM

<chevron texaco_payoffice>
E-mail:chevrontexaco60@hotmail.com
Subject: Winning number
CT 097886XN(january DRAW)
Date: Friday, 30 january,
2009, 7:08 PM

CHEVRON TEXACO OIL/GAS
Head Office
8,Macarthy Street,
P.M.B Box 166
Abuja, Nigeria.
TEL:+234-805-7945-900

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of One Million United States Dollars, ($1,000,000.00) for this year 2009 Lottery promotion which is organized by CHEVRON TEXACO OIL/GAS 2009

CHEVRON TEXACO OIL AND GAS/ 2009,collects all the email addresses of the people that are active online, among the millions that subscribed to the Internet.we only select five people every Year as our winners through electronic balloting System without the winner applying, we congratulate you for being one of the people selected.

You are to contact the events manager on or before your date of Claim, Winners Shall be paid in accordance with his/her Settlement Centre. Chevron texaco Oil and gas Bonanza Prize must be claimed no later than 20 days from date of Draw Notification after the Draw date in which Prize has won. Any prize not claimed within this period will be forfeited.

These are your identification numbers:

Batch number....................CT 091026XN
Reff number.......................CT 095447XN
Winning number...............CT 097886XN

1. Full name..............
2. Contact Address........
3. Age....................
4. Telephone Number.......
5. Marital Status.........
6. Sex....................
7. Next Of Kin............
8. Occupation.............
9. Company................
10.State:.................
11.Country................
12.Nationality............

These numbers fall within your Location file, you are requested to contact the events manager/Claims Department, send your winning identification numbers to him,to enable him verify your claims.

(CONTACT FINANCE DEPARTMENT)
Name:Mr. Adewale Steve.
E-mail:chevrontexaco60@hotmail.com
TEL: +234-805-7945-900
Thank you and Accept my hearty congratulations once again!

Yours faithfully,
Mr.John Obaseki.
(Chevron TEXACO Oil and gas/ Bonanza/Lottery Coordinator).

z

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 74 replies and has been viewed 32943 times