WORLD Law Direct Forums

WORLD Law Direct Forums (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/)
-   Money Frauds and Scams (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/money-frauds-scams/)
-   -   Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation (http://www.worldlawdirect.com/forum/money-frauds-scams/18082-online-award-confirmation-message-chevron-texaco-oil-gas-corporation.html)

Unregistered Feb 18th, 2009 06:00 PM

Re: Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59433)
I RECENTLY RECIEVED THE EMAIL QUOTED ABOVE. IS IT A SCAM??

yes allof them are donot be stupid like me

805Princess Feb 23rd, 2009 10:58 PM

Re: Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

Yea I got the same message so its a SCAM! Heres the message:
CHEVRON OIL/PETROLEUM NOTIFICATION:®

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of
One Million United States Dollars($1,000,000.00)for this year
2008 benefit which was organized by CHEVRON OIL/GAS PETROLEUM.

These are your identification numbers:
Batch number....................CT 091026XN
ref number......................CT 095447XN
Winning number...............CT 097886XN

These numbers fall within your Location file,you are requested to contact the
events manager/Claims Department,send your winning identification numbers to
him,to enable him verify your claims.

(CONTACT FINANCE DEPARTMENT)

Dr Terry Foster(Remittance Director)
EMAIL:chev-disbursement-live@live.com
Tel:+2348032238969
Yours Faithfully,
Online Co-Ordinator.

Unregistered Feb 27th, 2009 04:51 PM

Re:FAKE Online award confirmation message from Chevron Texaco Oil And Gas Corporation

CLAIMANT SIGNATORY DECLARATION‏
Sent: Fri 2/27/09 10:36 AM
To:

Date: 27th February, 2009
REF NO: M154S/WL04.
MICRO (LOTTERY) CHIP NO: 9465021

I am Mr Gary Thompson, the fiduciary agent assigned to your case. I wish to congratulate you on your emergence as winner. You are indeed lucky to have won this lottery. All the 10 participants were selected through our Microsoft computer ballot system (MCBS) drawn from each continent, as part of International "E-MAIL" Promotions Program, to promote the use of ELECTRONIC MAILS (E-MAILS) all over the world, and to promote the use of Microsoft Office. You are required to forward the following details to help facilitate the processing of your claims and certificate which will employ the release of your winnings.

Find attached a Prize Award Verification & Payment Form Draft below which you are expected to fill out and return via email to this office within 72hours of receipt.

NAME (MR. MRS. MISS)…………………………....................
ADDRESS:.......................................... ............................
CITY:............................................. ..................................
STATE:............................................ ................................
ZIP:.............................................. ...................................
COUNTRY:.......................................... .............................
TEL:.............................................. ...............................
FAX:.............................................. ...............................
EMAIL ADDRESS:.......................................... ................
OCCUPATION:....................................... ..........................
MARITAL STATUS:........................................... ................
DATE OF PRIZE WON:.............................................. .......
DATE OF BIRTH:............................................ .................

CLAIMANT SIGNATORY DECLARATION
I ................................. Declare as the Chevron Oil prize winner that all information I have provided for my winning claims are true and correct. I agreed with the instructions in line with the processing and transfer of my Lottery Award Prize.
NOTE: THIS VERIFICATION FORM SHOULD BE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT AND RETURN BY EMAIL WITHIN 72HOURS OF RECEIPT OF THIS FORM.

MODE OF PAYMENT TO YOU
There are two options open to you; you are required to select the more convenient of the two. The options, together with their associated conditions are presented below:

OPTION 1: Conveyance of your winning certificate and cheque to you via our affiliated assigned courier company.

OPTION 2: Your prize money will be credited to your bank account via an automated Direct Wire Transfer System, operated by our paying bank here in Nigeria .

NOTE: (IF YOU NEED ANY INSTANT ASSISTANCE \ ENQUIRIES, PLEASE DO CALL ME ON THIS TEL.NO: +234-803-648-6109)

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Yours Sincerely,
Mr Gary Thompson
Tel: +234-803-648-6109
Registered in West Africa No 929027.
Registered Office: Link Place, LAGOS,
Sussex, BN1 7DX,NIGERIA,
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
© 2009 Chevron Oil LTD.

Unregistered Feb 28th, 2009 10:37 AM

I get at least three of these days for some reason.

Unregistered Mar 9th, 2009 02:09 PM

OK, guys, no one is going to give you something for nothing. My Mother told me that when I was just small and oddly enough, she's been right every time!

I'm also a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. I regularly get e-mails asking me to fill a very large order (always under $1,000) from people I've never heard of and who are never in my area (CT) or even in the country. They will send their personal shipper to pick up the product from me, and give me a cashier's or bank check. The check will be made out to much more than the price of the product because someone owes them money and is covering the shipment for them. I am to wire them the excess and keep a little for myself (how very generous!).

Problem is, the cashier's check, although it looks real, is either stolen or an outright forgery. The bank accepts it, the victim wires the excess money to the scam artist from her account (usually over $1,000) and then is out the money and the product!

Again, please be careful out there. If it looks too good to be true, then honey, it is. No free lunches. Ever.

Unregistered Apr 7th, 2009 09:06 AM

You Northamerican people are more stuped I Initially thought .... oc course no one is giving you 3000000 USD, and whats that about forreigner dogs?? welll so good that we are foreigners, so we dont need to be so ignorant as you people... growned uop with Mickey Mouse! Aslllholes!!!!!

U_asked Apr 9th, 2009 11:14 AM

Hi,
not Just in USA are receiving this email. I got this one (I'm from Chile). You may notice that TNT couriers is "so poor" that has a hotmail account, and the letter or email its written in first person, and ask not to contact anybody before payment ¿?¿? And the contact person lives in Lagos, Nigeria.

To: xx. in Chile
Subject: PARCEL STATUS: AWAITING DISPATCH
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 14:51:01 +0000

TNT COURIERS SERVICES
Customer/Delivery Services Department
2nd Roundabout, Epe Express Way, Lekki,
Tel: +234-807-337-9848 Fax; +234 8056738214
Primary SIC: Air Courier Services, Primary NAICS: Couriers
Description: Transportation: International courier services
PARCEL STATUS: AWAITING DISPATCH

Dear Valued Customer,

Welcome to the dispatch centre of the TNT Express. With reference to the email you received from us, there is a bank draft which was deposited in our office by Mr.G.Smith of the Chevron Oil and Gas Company to be delivered to you, we have no idea why he is sending you this bank draft but we are acting under his instructions and we have been waiting for you to contact us all this while that is why we went through your information and decided to get you.
All you need to do right now to get your enveloped type package in which the bank draft of $780,000 US Dollars is included delivered to your door step is to go ahead and pay the $275 USD only. I will send to you the Scan Copy of the Airway Bill and the package order number as well as the package tracking number in which you can use to check your package status at any TNT branch nearest to you and also on our website online. Do note that any contact with any TNT BRANCH near you will be of no use until I send to you the parcel delivery details along with the Air Way bill so that they can help you track your parcel and I can only send that after payment of the $275.
Please kindly note that we do not operate COD (Cash-On-Delivery) on this type of fee since the delivery fee has been paid for. Thus any mail regarding COD (Cash on Delivery) may not be acknowledged.
Note that for efficiency, transparency, and speed all payments are made through our Senior Cashier Officer (Mr. Oyeyemi Anthony D) to our Accounts Department via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Money Transfer with the following information;
Name: Oyeyemi Anthony D
Address: Lekki, Lagos State Nigeria.
Text Question to be used: Code
Text Answer: Friend
Amount to Be Sent: $275 USD

Kindly Note That Parcel will get to customers 48hours after payment have been confirmed. After payment you are required to send to us a well scanned copy of your payment receipt alongside the following details through this email;

Name of Sender:
Address of Sender:
Money Transfer Control Number: or Payment Reference No:
Amount Sent:
You are to locate the closest Western Union or Money Gram Agent either in a Mini Mart or A Post Office and effect the payment. Note that your package is expected to be delivered as soon as your Payment has been confirmed by our Account's Department due to the service type you opted for. For further information do not hesitate to contact us.
For More Enquiries you can contact our 24hrs Customer Care via E-mail or Phone, tntcourierxpress2009@hotmail.com or +234-807-337-9848. Do note that conversations and Mails are monitored and recorded for efficient services to our dearest customers. Thanks for patronage.
Sincerely,
West Oduduwa
Customer Relations Representative
TNT COURIER Services.
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
2009 TNT Courier Services

Unregistered Apr 10th, 2009 02:33 PM

hehheh Funny that...

I got an email just like that one...and i replied asking What they were talking about..then i got a reply...like this :)))) Im glad i googled this..

(What a typical name...the bank draft was deposited by a MR.G. SMITH) And isnt there more less privilledged people in NIGERA??? Why not help them??

TNT COURIERS SERVICES
Customer/Delivery Services Department
2nd Roundabout, Epe Express Way, Lekki,
Tel:+2347029596861
Primary SIC: Air Courier Services, Primary NAICS: Couriers
Description: Transportation: International courier services
PARCEL STATUS: AWAITING DISPATCH

Thank you for your email hope you are having a wonderful day. The Bank Draft was deposited by Mr.G.Smith of the Chevron Oil and Gas Company to be delivered to you, He stated that the Check is ment for you as your email address was selected as on of the Lucky Winning email for this Month(April) Draw Of Chevron Oil and Gas Nigeria Lottery World Wide Winning Bonanza. The Bonanza is ment to change the Life of Less privilledged people Worldwide and Winners are selected Randomly via email address address.
The $275 is the shipping fee which is required to be paid by you , that is the charge imposed by the TNT Courier Company here in Nigeria for shipping such an Huge Amount of Bank Draft, the Check as been Bonded by Hard Cover insurance which means that if in any way the parcel get missing while on Transit ,the TNT courier Company will be responsible for the refund of the Draft cash Amount to the beneficiary, that is why we charge $275USD for parcel.
You are to commence by Making the payment for the delivery so as for us to proceed with the Shippment and we would be giving you a tracking number . Your parcel will be delivered 48hrs after payment has been confirmed.If we don't recieve your payment of $275 USD for shipping latest in the the next 3 days , We shall return the Check to the Chevron Oil and Gas Company and make them know that you refuse to claim the Check as a result of not paing the $275 required for shippment
Thanks
Raymond Ellis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: tnt-courierdelivery@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: TNT COURIER SERVICE
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 19:13:45 +1000

What are you talking about?

> From: info@tntservice.com
> Subject: TNT COURIER SERVICE
> Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 17:35:00 +0100
>
> NOTICE DEAR CUSTOMER.
> You have a bank draft of $780,000.00 USD, which awaits demurrage payment of
> $275USD with TNT express. The bank draft is to be delivered to you upon the
> payment of the demurrage fee {$275}.Contact the TNT Express for delivery with
> your delivery information. Contact person Mr. Raymond Ellis, Email:
> tnt-courierdelivery@hotmail.com
> Tel; +2347029596861
>

Unregistered Apr 23rd, 2009 07:02 AM

Chevron Texaco Oil and Gas Company,
Chevron House,
30 Raffles Place,#25-00
Singapore 048622.

Dear Beneficiary,

Good day to You, I am the Company's Secretary Of Chevron Texaco Oil and Gas Company In Singapore (ASIA DISTRICT).
Please, If this Email Address Is For You, I wish to Congratulate You and Inform You that Your Urgent Attention Is Needed at Our Branch Office In the United Kingdom as We Have Good News For You.
I Advise You to Contact The Officer In charge to Get the News Of this Life Transforming Offer Coming to You From this Great Company.

Do Contact the Officer-in charge With the Information Below:

Carl Collins
carlcollinschevrontexaco6@live.com

Understand that we are not disclosing the good news via this email, for security reason as the information will be disclosed to you soon as you contact the officer with the above information.
I want to congratulate you in advance and please do not forget to Help the Poor In the society when Chevron Texaco makes you a beneficiary Of there world of wealth.

Yours faithfully,
Nathan Maddox
For the Chief Executive Officer (CEO),
Chevron Texaco Oil and Gas Company,
Singapore, Asia

Unregistered Apr 23rd, 2009 04:34 PM

I forwarded the message to the provided email address saying I refuse to give out any information unless I receive documentation describing the "award," how I was entered and when the drawing took place. Still haven't heard anything lol

-MB