Finding an attorney to represent me in a civil case

This is a discussion on Finding an attorney to represent me in a civil case within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; I am looking for an attorney to represent me in a civil case and I want to know if there ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #1
DCT

Thumbs Up Finding an attorney to represent me in a civil case

I am looking for an attorney to represent me in a civil case and I want to know if there is anyway to find out a attorney's win/loss record before I hire them? I know the other party's attorney and I would like to find an attorney that has come up against the other party's attorney and was successful in the case. Is there any way to find out this information? I am confident in my case, but, I am not confident in the County or the Judges of the County. Attorneys that go before Judges in these cases, seem to have a repor with them, and I would like to better my chances (no screw ups) with an attorney that has a good win/loss record. Judges, I think, have respect for an attorney that also have a good win/loss record.
DCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Finding an attorney to represent me in a civil case

You might just ask them strait out--they cannot lie.

But of course win is a subjective term in a court case--many are partial wins and/or partial losses

Best to ask people who know him well, and have used him--if you can.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 859 times