nude photography laws (nude pictures of my ex girlfriend)

This is a discussion on nude photography laws (nude pictures of my ex girlfriend) within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; i have nude pictures of my ex gf that keeps harassing me and my new gf. so yea she was ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #1
buklau's Flag is: Canada

Default nude photography laws (nude pictures of my ex girlfriend)

i have nude pictures of my ex gf that keeps harassing me and my new gf. so yea she was 18 at the time and she knew i was taking the picture, they were taken in a bedroom. If i post them on the net will she able to get back at me legally?
buklau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: nude photography laws (nude pictures of my ex girlfriend)

I wish to inform you that as your ex was over 18 and willingly posed for he photographs, so possession of the photographs by you may not be illegal as you shot the photographs with her consent. However, to post it on the internet or to use the photos commercially you will need to have her sign a consent and release form. If you post it without consent then she could file a civil lawsuit or report the matter to law enforcement agencies for breach and invasion of privacy.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: nude photography laws (nude pictures of my ex girlfriend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buklau View Post
i have nude pictures of my ex gf that keeps harassing me and my new gf. so yea she was 18 at the time and she knew i was taking the picture, they were taken in a bedroom. If i post them on the net will she able to get back at me legally?
You may own the photos, but she owns the rights to her own image.

YES, she will be able to get back at you legally, especially since you intend to post the pix on the net! WHY would you want to do that anyway? You have a new gf, why do you want to do something so low to someone who you obviously felt some emotion for in the past?

If your old gf is harassing you, deal with it in another way. Please. Take the high road.

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You may own the photos, but she owns the rights to her own image.

YES, she will be able to get back at you legally, especially since you intend to post the pix on the net! WHY would you want to do that anyway? You have a new gf, why do you want to do something so low to someone who you obviously felt some emotion for in the past?

If your old gf is harassing you, deal with it in another way. Please. Take the high road.
Come on man I don't think you know how bad this hurts I've had thoughts of suicide because my girl who I am deeply in love with shows she doesn't want to be with me she is constantly posting pictures with other guys on Facebook but nothing stops her from doing it I tell her I'm not cool with it and still she continues to upload she says she wants to be left alone for awhile she was one of the only people to actually make me happy in this world and it honestly hurts you really shouldn't upload a naked picture instead try a different way to embarrass her or something it hurts but it will eventually pass and I will find another so will you original poster, god bless

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: nude photography laws (nude pictures of my ex girlfriend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buklau View Post

Yes, she can! For holding her up to public humilation and disgrace. She is not a public figure where laws are more generous as to publishing their images, but haven't you kept up with the news of stars who have sued and won for someone publishing embarassing photos of them?

Those were taken for private use, yours and not for public exposition. If you think that posting them will solve your problems with her, you can count on hearing a LOT more from her -- and probably her lawyer.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Unregistered

Default Re: nude photography laws (nude pictures of my ex girlfriend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Come on man I don't think you know how bad this hurts I've had thoughts of suicide because my girl who I am deeply in love with shows she doesn't want to be with me she is constantly posting pictures with other guys on Facebook but nothing stops her from doing it I tell her I'm not cool with it and still she continues to upload she says she wants to be left alone for awhile she was one of the only people to actually make me happy in this world and it honestly hurts you really shouldn't upload a naked picture instead try a different way to embarrass her or something it hurts but it will eventually pass and I will find another so will you original poster, god bless
If you have thoughts of suicide over anyone, get some help now. No human being is worth taking your own lifer over. Nobody.

If she doesn't want to be with you, accept that and move on. It's better to know that than to wonder whether she still harbors residual feelings for you.

I don't recommend to anyone that they should "try to embarrass her" in any way. Such immature action can be legally costly. It's best to take the higher road than you feel your ex has taken, show some class, and move on.

It builds strength of character to gracefully accept change.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 3614 times