Steps to find thief and retrieve items (Indiana)

This is a discussion on Steps to find thief and retrieve items (Indiana) within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; My friends and I were at a hotel in Hobart,Indiana on March 4,2012. They invited some friends as well. We ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 03:50 AM   #1
joymarie93's Flag is: United States

Question Steps to find thief and retrieve items (Indiana)

My friends and I were at a hotel in Hobart,Indiana on March 4,2012. They invited some friends as well. We took a swim, came back to the room, to find a cellphone, two digital cameras, and $1500 stolen. Immediately, I reported it to the police. Since then, I've found that only one of the three guys had any involvement. The problem is, he lives in Southbend, Indiana, although the exact address is unknown. The officer that came to the scene has been no help. He was contacted via phone and email. I called the Southbend Department, and they referred me back to the Hobart Department. So, where do I go from here? Who do I contact so they can find him, and possibly get our belongings back? If he has sold them, can he serve jail time, and reimburse us, as long as we show proof of those items? Also, can charges be pressed against him?

Please help,
Joy
joymarie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Steps to find thief and retrieve items (Indiana)

In this you can also make a complaint to the hotel, because the entire thing happens within the hotel, they are also responsible to the theft occurred in the hotel. If you had made a complaint to the police for theft and the thief already sold the items police will try to recover the items and you can receive the items from police custody through court process.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 27th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #3
Unregistered

Hobart Police are lazy! A 15 year old unlicensed driver hit our truck not once, not twice, but THREE TIMESbacking out at walmart and was busted by an off duty police officer. The police carted her off. The next day they gave us her fake name address and and told us it was a civil matter. She faked her name age and address. How can I even sue civilly??

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 481 times