WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics > Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

This is a discussion on Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law) within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; Need Illinois Law INFO !!!...NOT advice...THANK YOU !!!! Dear Person;.... This is my 2nd request for help... I need info ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Closed Thread  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #1

Cool Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

Need Illinois Law INFO !!!...NOT advice...THANK YOU !!!!

Dear Person;....

This is my 2nd request for help...
I need info on penalties for giving false info on a State legal document...
This concerns my niece &/or nephew who KNOWINGLY gave MY name as the "Father" on MY Sisters Death Certificate...

See the other posts & info here;=>...

Falsified Document by Nephew and/or Niece

The above ^^^^ is a link & it WORKS !!!
I know you paralegals & lawyers have a way to get that info free...
If it's OK with you , I'd appreciate it if you would either give me the info I desperately need OR the method to get it myself...
THANK you VERRRY much for your anticipated help....

Have a GREAT day....
Sincerely..
Ron.M....
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #2
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

okay well let me tell you you can just tell them to fix it though that may be hard just listen okay i am not a super lawyer but i know nothing is going to happen after all this time okay so just drop it and it is not bad if you are listed as father

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

The penalties if a prosecutor takes the case, include jail or prison.

It can be a misdemeanor or a felony.

Forgery and falsification are crimes. That does not mean every case will be prosecuted.

Old Jun 10th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #4

Angry Re: Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

WOW!

ALL that advice just OVERWHELMS me....

Let me see....
OK... I have 2 unregistered "members" telling me ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that WILL HELP my case...

unreg #1;...
IF I WANTED to be listed as her father , I WOULDN'T be HERE looking for the laws on FALSIFICATION of LEGAL STATE DOCUMENTS.....
I AM NOT the father & I WANT MY name REMOVED....PERIOD !!!
It is a matter of principal & genealogy accuracy....
unreg#2;...
Jail or prison,misdemeanor or felony,partly cloudy or partly sunny...BIG help...
"""Forgery and falsification are crimes. That does not mean every case will be prosecuted.""""
THANKS for enlightening me....
What I WANT & NEED here is THE LAW that this falls under...
In other words , what SPECIFIC LAW are they breaking when they falsify the documents...
I NEED a copy of THAT LAW !!!!

PLEASE try again , folks...

Have a GREAT day & weekend...

....Later...Ron.M...

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #5
SLAYER8896's Flag is: United States

Thumbs Up Re: Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

(1) A person who commits any of the following acts is guilty of a felony:
(a) Alters with fraudulent intent any certificate of title, registration certificate, or registration plate issued by the department.
(b) Forges or counterfeits any such document or plate purporting to have been issued by the department.
(c) Alters or falsifies with fraudulent intent or forges any assignment upon a certificate of title.
(d) Holds or uses such a document or plate knowing the same to have been altered, forged, or falsified.
(e) Knowingly possesses, sells, or offers for sale a stolen, false, or counterfeit certificate of title, registration certificate, registration plate, registration decal, or registration tab.
(2) A person who is convicted of a second violation of this section shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than 2 years or more than 7 years, or by a fine of not less than $1,500.00 or more than $7,000.00, or both.
(3) A person who is convicted of a third or subsequent violation of this section shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than 5 years or more than 15 years, or by a fine of not less than $5,000.00 or more than $15,000.00, or both.

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #6

EEK! Re: Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

SLAYER8896:....

I don't know whether to thank you OR shoot you....
Let's start by THANKING you....
YOU are the FIRST & , so far , the ONLY one to come up with what appears to be legitimate help...
Notice I did NOT say "advice"....
For that I SINCERELY THANK you VERRRRY much....

However , it looks like the info you posted came from OR has to do with a DMV as it refers to "plates" , registration certificates , certificate of title ,registration decal , etc ...
In my 1st post I said;=>...
""""I need info on penalties for giving false info on a State legal document...
This concerns my niece &/or nephew who KNOWINGLY gave MY name as the "Father" on MY Sisters Death Certificate"""""
PLEASE notice that I'm reffering to a "Death Certificate"...
I'm having a bit of doubt that that info applys to "Death Certificates"....

Does the info you posted apply to OR originate from the State of Illinois ???
Can you provide a link to the source where that came from ???

Once again , a SINCERE , HEARTFELT THANK YOU VERRRRY MUCH...
(Gun IS holstered !!!)

Have a GREAT day & week...

Later...Ron.M....

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:25 PM   #7
Unregistered

Default Re: Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

There really is no "penalty" for clerical errors on vital records (which is what has happened in this case) and that's why you've been having such a difficult time finding any legal parameters for it. Or finding answers anywhere you've been looking for that matter.

Legally speaking, the onus is on you to prove your accusation against your sister's children that they made the error you speak of deliberately. For one thing, they have nothing to gain by naming you as "father" instead of "brother". For another, the information is not such that it serves any real purpose for anyone indulging in subterfuge or deceit.

When an accusation is leveled, the person making the accusation must be able to prove their accusation is true. You cannot prove your accusation. Further, you can be sued if your unproven and unfounded accusations cause their reputations to suffer.

Here is a link for your convenience.

Illinois Vital Records - Death Records

While you may not like it or agree with it, you cannot prosecute your niece or nephew over this. The most you can do is either send them the form found at the website link above and ask them to fill it out and send it in, or you will have to do it yourself.

Those are your choices. Take them or leave them. Because this is simply what's called a "clerical error", you are not going to find the law "penalty" you're looking for. It does not exist.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM   #8

Angry Re: Penalties for giving false info on a State legal document (Illinois law)

Dear Unregistered #3;....

I need to educate you & you need glasses or learn how to read...
Quote;=>...
"There really is no "penalty" for clerical errors on vital records (which is what has happened in this case)""""
There is NO clerical error here....
IF you take the time to read post #1 , you'll see this;=>...
"""This concerns my niece &/or nephew who KNOWINGLY gave MY name as the "Father" on MY Sisters Death Certificate"""...
NEXT:=>...
""""Legally speaking, the onus is on you to prove your accusation against your sister's children that they made the error you speak of deliberately"""
Who else was there to give the funeral director the info ???
They know I AM the BROTHER & NOT the FATHER !!!!
Onus overruled....
"""When an accusation is leveled, the person making the accusation must be able to prove their accusation is true. You cannot prove your accusation."""
I have all the proof needed...
NEXT:=>....
"""While you may not like it or agree with it, you cannot prosecute your niece or nephew over this."""
I MOST certainly can....
The LAW IS there....
"""Because this is simply what's called a "clerical error", you are not going to find the law "penalty" you're looking for. It does not exist.""
With NO help from this so-called Legal forum , I did find the law & penalty that applies....
It DOES exist...

Finally....
Go back to your little cubicle & study up on forgery , falsifying legal documents etc.....
When you get your bogus online degree , come back & maybe somebody else might listen to your unfounded statements....

Nice try....

Have a nice day.....
Ron M

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #9
Unregistered

Don't be such a dick if you want people to help you

Old Sep 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #10
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron.M View Post
Unregistered;....

I'd rather be a "dick" than have the IQ of a grape as you do....
This thread is OVER a YEAR old & action against my niece & nephew is ongoing...
Needless to say that I consider this website a waste of time for most people...
There are NO REAL attorneys helping ANYONE here UNLESS you pay a fee...
NOT what I though the premise of this website was...
I DID get some help from a guest...

Go suck an egg !!!!

This thread should be closed....

BYE , BYE !!!!
Please everyone, follow our forum rules and avoid overall rude behavior, defamatory comments, threatening other members and name calling.

Thanks!

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now! Click Here
Find Legal Forms for All 50 States

Closed Thread

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 2758 times