WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics > Can I sue a restaurant because I had an allergy reaction from the food I ate?

Can I sue a restaurant because I had an allergy reaction from the food I ate?

This is a discussion on Can I sue a restaurant because I had an allergy reaction from the food I ate? within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; Can I sue a restaurant because I had an allergy reaction from the food I ate? Me and my mom ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Can I sue a restaurant because I had an allergy reaction from the food I ate?

Me and my mom went to a restaurant and before we ordered I told the waitress I have a really bad food allergy to eggs. So she makes sure the sauces are separated and she changes one of the items from ravioli to dumplings and separates the marinated steak that had egg in it on another plate. I wasn't going to eat the steak however my mom wanted it because she doesn't like seafood. The food was given to us raw and we had to cook it in a fondue pot with different things I wasn't allergic to. So because my mom doesnt like anything having to do with seafood she wanted to cook hers first. When she was done i put a piece of lobster in there waiting for it to be cooked in the mean time I took a mushroom that was also being cooked in that same pot and ate it. My lips swelled up really fast and had to go to the hospital. So, at the end we didn't pay for the meal because the manager said it was ok and instead i just got a big hospital bill.
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can I sue a restaurant because I had an allergy reaction from the food I ate?

I wish to inform you that you may claim medical bill if you can show that hotel staff was negligent in performance of its duties. In this regard if food was given to you separate and if mushroom which caused swelling had come in contact with egg or similar other thing while cooking then hotel is not liable. However if hotel authorities have failed to separate then you may claim compensation from hotel. In this you may first give a notice and if hotel does not pay then file a lawsuit.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I sue a restaurant because I had an allergy reaction from the food I ate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Me and my mom went to a restaurant and before we ordered I told the waitress I have a really bad food allergy to eggs. So she makes sure the sauces are separated and she changes one of the items from ravioli to dumplings and separates the marinated steak that had egg in it on another plate. I wasn't going to eat the steak however my mom wanted it because she doesn't like seafood. The food was given to us raw and we had to cook it in a fondue pot with different things I wasn't allergic to. So because my mom doesnt like anything having to do with seafood she wanted to cook hers first. When she was done i put a piece of lobster in there waiting for it to be cooked in the mean time I took a mushroom that was also being cooked in that same pot and ate it. My lips swelled up really fast and had to go to the hospital. So, at the end we didn't pay for the meal because the manager said it was ok and instead i just got a big hospital bill.
You can try, but it's a waste of money.

Buyer beware. If you have allergies to food, a restaurant is the last place you should be dining at. You can't sue because of your own stupidity.

Old Mar 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #4
SLAYER8896's Flag is: United States

Smile Re: Can I sue a restaurant because I had an allergy reaction from the food I ate?

Also because you put your moms food in first it is your fault not theirs, because you should not of mixed the foods, though i guess you could because they should of brought you two if the pots.
SLAYER8896 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 30th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Unregistered

What's the point in paying to go to a restaurant if you have to cook your own food? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Might of well have stayed home and saved a few bucks.

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #6
Unregistered

So were you tested for allergies to mushroom or any new foods yet? That would be my first question.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2827 times