WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > OTHER LEGAL ISSUES > Miscellaneous Topics > Legal number of people to live in a two bedroom apartment? -- Florida

Legal number of people to live in a two bedroom apartment? -- Florida

This is a discussion on Legal number of people to live in a two bedroom apartment? -- Florida within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; I live in Florida in a two bedroom apartment with my wife and daughter. There is a family who lives ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Legal number of people to live in a two bedroom apartment? -- Florida

I live in Florida in a two bedroom apartment with my wife and daughter. There is a family who lives above me and is constantly stomping around. I have gone up there to ask them politely to be a little more cautious. Especially after 9pm (they do it untill 11pm some nights) well the mother told me it's hard because she has two 10 year olds and one 8 year old. Two girls one boy. Is it legal to have 5 people living in a two bedroom apartment with mixed gender kids?
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #2
SLAYER8896's Flag is: United States

Lightbulb re: Legal number of people to live in a two bedroom apartment? -- Florida

yes
SLAYER8896 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 08:04 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Legal number of people to live in a two bedroom apartment? -- Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I live in Florida in a two bedroom apartment with my wife and daughter. There is a family who lives above me and is constantly stomping around. I have gone up there to ask them politely to be a little more cautious. Especially after 9pm (they do it untill 11pm some nights) well the mother told me it's hard because she has two 10 year olds and one 8 year old. Two girls one boy. Is it legal to have 5 people living in a two bedroom apartment with mixed gender kids?
Yes it is, and it's unclear how and why you even question the "legality" of this. You appear to have a bit of a sick mind.

Old Mar 27th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Legal number of people to live in a two bedroom apartment? -- Florida

Quote:
Yes it is, and it's unclear how and why you even question the "legality" of this. You appear to have a bit of a sick mind.
Ok not a sick mind. I'm talking about privacy. Get your mind out of the gutter. Nothing like that crossed my mind. I'm questioning the "legality" because 1100 square feet is a small area for 5 people.

Old Mar 27th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Ok not a sick mind. I'm talking about privacy. Get your mind out of the gutter. Nothing like that crossed my mind. I'm questioning the "legality" because 1100 square feet is a small area for 5 people.
I think you've already revealed it's your mind in the gutter. Stop projecting now.

It's none of your business how big or small the dwelling is. It's none of your business how many people are living there.

Unless something dangerous and/or illegal is going on, mind your own business.

Their privacy is not something you need concern yourself with.

"nothing like that crossed my mind". Yeah, right. LOL

Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM   #6
Unregistered

How many people are allowed in a 1 bedroom in Florida?

Old Aug 18th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
I think you've already revealed it's your mind in the gutter. Stop projecting now.

It's none of your business how big or small the dwelling is. It's none of your business how many people are living there.

Unless something dangerous and/or illegal is going on, mind your own business.

Their privacy is not something you need concern yourself with.

"nothing like that crossed my mind". Yeah, right. LOL

Your wrong there is laws about how many can dwell in an apartment. Children of the opposite sex even though related must have their own room after a certain age. Example a 15yr old boy may not share the same bedroom with a 10 year old girl, they must have their own room.

Old Aug 21st, 2011, 07:32 PM   #8
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:

The average 3-bedroom house is about 1,000 sq. ft., so the floor area is not as important as the noise, from your post. This is not a matter of number of people, but the noise they make. You need to take it up with the landlord if they do not respond to your satisfaction.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Aug 21st, 2011, 11:38 PM   #9
Top Level Member

From the facts it is understood that you are annoyed by the odd sound/utterances created from your neighbor’ house. In this connection there is no logic in questioning the floor area/size of the building etc. What you have to do is to give a written notice asking them to stop /refrain from creating disturbances to neighbors. If the they are not responding properly you may inform your LL regarding the disturbance and ask him/her to take proper action in this regard. For sure your LL will take appropriate action.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 6550 times