Barking guard dogs and neighbor harassment

This is a discussion on Barking guard dogs and neighbor harassment within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; We have neighbors who will for any reason call the police for my dogs who bark when i come home ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #1
Unregistered

Angry Barking guard dogs and neighbor harassment

We have neighbors who will for any reason call the police for my dogs who bark when i come home from work and they stop barking after i let them know that it is me who is in my drive way and will only bark if someone comes to the door and my dog are chow chows they are very mellow.
They are guard dogs for my parents and little brothers when im out at work they let poeple know that they are on duty and for my surround sound system i have had it for about three months never had a complaint but on 2-8-2011 it is know in issue. I have asked some of the other neighbors about the noise the barking dogs and they all say i don't here nothing.
Coming from your house we can here the dog from the neighbor ho is doing the complaining this all started.
When the daughter said that my little nice punched her in the face they said this it happened on the way home.
From school but the cross walk person says that he didn't see anything when he crossed them we live at the corner about 40 to 50 feet from where he crosses them and you can see my front door from the cross walk they have called the cops about 7 times when we moved in a year ago and now about 5 times in recent what can we do. mediation wont work with these people they have called the police on other neighbors on are block.
For the something they will seat outside and say things to my little brothers they even came and said that we stole there kids bike and then after find out that the kid gave it away to a friend and don't even apologize.
They have also have said that for other neighbors not to talk to us because trouble makers.
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 07:23 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Barking guard dogs and neighbor harassment

I wish to inform you that if your neighbor are harassing you then you may give a notice to your neighbor that if they should stop harassing you. In this regard in your notice you may mention that all the notices may mention the events which have caused harassment to you. If the other person do not stop then you may start legal proceedings against your neighbor and can demand injunction and compensation for your suffering.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Barking guard dogs and neighbor harassment

Ask the police to fine them or give a citation for improper use of the complaint system, harassment, false reporting etc.

Old Feb 11th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #4
BarkingDogAtlas

Cool Re: Barking guard dogs and neighbor harassment

It's not harassment to complain about your nuisance dogs. They're not really guard dogs if they're just there to announce to the world that someone is walking by.

If you're going to go to court you're going to have to prove that the dogs aren't nuisance barkers. You could easily set up a video recorder on a tripod and go out for a while to see if the neighbor is telling the truth, or not.

BDA

Old Feb 11th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #5
brsipaq

Actually, you are harassing your neighbor by not allowing them "quiet enjoyment" of their own property.

The noise level from a single barking dog can exceed 100 decibels. 100 decibels is 16 times louder than normal conversation.

While its true that dogs have the natural ability to bark, they also have the natural ability NOT to bark. They bark for a reason: "Separation Anxiety", "Boredom", "Loneliness", "Attention Seeking", "Fear". So be a good neighbor and responsible dog owner and properly Train, Excersize, Socialize, and De-Sensitize your dogs.

Any dog owner can create an environment where their well-mannered, well-behaved, good canine citizens are not being a nuisance, harassing people, waking people up, biting, pooping on other people's property, etc.

There's a reason why our shelters are overloaded, 4-6 million dogs are euthanized each year, millions more are ignored, neglected, and abused. There's a reason why 4.5 million people are bitten each year, millions more can't relax in their own home. It's an epidemic!

"Cause and Effect". You appear to be the Cause of the conflict with other people that could be resolved by taking proper care of your dogs.

People and Dogs. Good luck in your relationship with both.

Old Aug 8th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #6
Unregistered

Wow. I'm very late on responding, but that has got to be te best speech I've heard someone post online. I have a rescue, and unfortunately I have 3 dogs that I have done abseloutly everything humanly possible, they have major anxiety issues because Rey were in a kennel for 3 years. I have to work on their barking very omens everyday. So I believe this isn't always the case, but is most of the time.
Just had to say your post is amazing and I couldn't have worded it any better. I say many if the things u just said to tonnes of people on a daily basis. Ao many animals die each year because owners can't fulfill their responsibilities and expect an animal to just be the perfect dog with no training or boundaries.
Nice to hear there's responsible pet owners out there who understand the seriousness of the hundreds of thousands of animals dying each year because of their owners.
Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsipaq View Post
Actually, you are harassing your neighbor by not allowing them "quiet enjoyment" of their own property.

The noise level from a single barking dog can exceed 100 decibels. 100 decibels is 16 times louder than normal conversation.

While its true that dogs have the natural ability to bark, they also have the natural ability NOT to bark. They bark for a reason: "Separation Anxiety", "Boredom", "Loneliness", "Attention Seeking", "Fear". So be a good neighbor and responsible dog owner and properly Train, Excersize, Socialize, and De-Sensitize your dogs.

Any dog owner can create an environment where their well-mannered, well-behaved, good canine citizens are not being a nuisance, harassing people, waking people up, biting, pooping on other people's property, etc.

There's a reason why our shelters are overloaded, 4-6 million dogs are euthanized each year, millions more are ignored, neglected, and abused. There's a reason why 4.5 million people are bitten each year, millions more can't relax in their own home. It's an epidemic!

"Cause and Effect". You appear to be the Cause of the conflict with other people that could be resolved by taking proper care of your dogs.

Old Jan 12th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #7
Quite's Flag is: United States

As an American Dog owner for all my life, first off let's say thank you for those that are responsible enough to spay and neuter you animals. This too helps with the over population of unwanted pets. Now, let's talk about the harassment of a neighbor. My neighbor has called my personal phone and left threatening messages on my voicemail not even having the courage to speak to me in person stating my dog was barking, howling and whining. Funny thing was I was home with my dog and I heard the neighbors dog that was outside doing all that, that I was harassed about. I just filed the voicemail away. These phone calls continue and I have reported them to the management. My neighbors have called the security company and lodged a complaint, complained to the management company and animal control. All of these agencies have independently reported to my home and peered into my windows, knocked on my door, rang my doorbell, hit the side of the wall and my dog has not made a sound, yet the harassment still continues. I have gone to the extreme of recording my dog when I leave. All I heard on the recordings are the loud pounding from an outside area and nothing from my dog!!! In a DOG FRIENDLY complex you have the right to have a dog. Not to be harassed by a "I got no life" neighbor for something some other animal is doing. Get a life. If there's a problem deal with it directly. Be mature adults. TALK AND RESOLVE IT
Quite is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 25th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #8
Unregistered

[im pretty sure that 100db is NOT 16 times louder than normal conversation...normal conversation is between 50 and 65 db...

QUOTE=brsipaq;205834]Actually, you are harassing your neighbor by not allowing them "quiet enjoyment" of their own property.

People and Dogs. Good luck in your relationship with both.[/QUOTE]

Old Jul 25th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #9
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Please don't necro-post.

Buy an electronic bark repellent that sends a nasty high frequency noise back to the barking dog.

Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 5th, 2014, 06:33 PM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsipaq View Post

What a suoerb reply. I have my house taken over by a first class a hole i live next door too by her barking dog. 6am n 12 midnight when she gets up n goes to bed n kicks it out to pee n poop all over her back garden And it barks its ass off. Shes 80 and buys a puppy she cant walk or excercise correctly. Its as fat as a bus. It has no fun life. Ive had her banging on my door at 8am on several occasions to try n entice me into an argument. Shes screamed over the wall i have to put up with the noise and then gone and phoned the police ... 5 yrs ive had my house taken over by her. I could go on but yes as this person post clearly states AND my solicitor dogs dont have 2 bark and its classic most lazy ass dog owners moan that they are the victim. It would be so different if their home was invaded with noise n sleepless nights. I am a vegitarian as i love animal i feel for the dog next door. And all the other dogs with lazy ass owners who think its their right to make other life a misery.
Theres 7 dogs that i am surrounded by they dont bark anythung like the one next door. So why does she get to make me upset ive been told by my doctor i should take beta blockers for the stress? Ive bben in tears more times than i can recall over this issue and now im suffering with a health issue. Thats in addition to around £500 out of pocket buying things to stop the noise entering my home. So yes i totally agree with the post... stop your dogs from barking and have a thought for the poor sod who has to put up with your noise. Its a disgrace people behave like they do over their dogs and dont consider a humans health and peace of mind over a yapping dog!!!

Bookmark & Share

Tags
barking dogs, guard dogs, harassment, neighbor

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 7390 times