16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

This is a discussion on 16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong? within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; Hello, I'm 16 and my birthday is 03/09/94 and the girl is 23/9/96. I've gotten in trouble by my parents ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default 16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

Hello, I'm 16 and my birthday is 03/09/94 and the girl is 23/9/96.
I've gotten in trouble by my parents multiple times because they don't want me going to jail and they don't approve of the relationship. I really love her or I wouldn't be going through all this trouble. What should I do? My parents said next time I talk to her I'm being sent to a military school.

I live in PA
Old Oct 29th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #2
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

Default Re: 16 year old dating 14 year old, is it legal/wrong?

You listen to your parents
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 30th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #3
Unregistered

While I dislike responding to children on here, and wish this forum would filter who's an adult and who's not, you need to obey your parents. You may be growing up but you are not ready for a relationship. You are nowhere near old enough to even begin to know what a grown up relationship consists of.

If you wind up getting her pregnant, it will be one more teen produced, illegitimate child in the world who did not ask for such a stigma. It's not fair to the child.

She is entirely too young for dating or boyfriends. She is still a child in many ways. She's certainly too young for a sexual relationship, which you will (or may have already) pressure her into. If you want a girlfriend and you believe you're ready, date a girl your own age.

Your parents know what's best. Obey them or face military school. You won't be dating anyone there.

Old May 27th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
While I dislike responding to children on here, and wish this forum would filter who's an adult and who's not, you need to obey your parents. You may be growing up but you are not ready for a relationship. You are nowhere near old enough to even begin to know what a grown up relationship consists of.

If you wind up getting her pregnant, it will be one more teen produced, illegitimate child in the world who did not ask for such a stigma. It's not fair to the child.

She is entirely too young for dating or boyfriends. She is still a child in many ways. She's certainly too young for a sexual relationship, which you will (or may have already) pressure her into. If you want a girlfriend and you believe you're ready, date a girl your own age.

Your parents know what's best. Obey them or face military school. You won't be dating anyone there.
Nobody said anything about a sexual relationship. There's nothing wrong with a little 2 year age gap. If the relationship becomes sexual while the girl is 14, 15, or even 16 in some cases then yes I believe that part is wrong. However, when she is 16+ (though I discourage it) if she is ready then the relationship can move on to that stage.

I felt the need to reply because I felt this comment was unreasonable. If the relationship stays innocent, then there is nothing wrong with it at all.

Old May 27th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Nobody said anything about a sexual relationship. There's nothing wrong with a little 2 year age gap. If the relationship becomes sexual while the girl is 14, 15, or even 16 in some cases then yes I believe that part is wrong. However, when she is 16+ (though I discourage it) if she is ready then the relationship can move on to that stage.

I felt the need to reply because I felt this comment was unreasonable. If the relationship stays innocent, then there is nothing wrong with it at all.
Have you failed to notice the pandemic of teenage parents? There is nothing "innocent" about a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Teenagers are young adults and as such, have sexual hormones and sexual urges.

The only "unreasonable" comment left on this thread is yours.

Old Jul 14th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Have you failed to notice the pandemic of teenage parents? There is nothing "innocent" about a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Teenagers are young adults and as such, have sexual hormones and sexual urges.

The only "unreasonable" comment left on this thread is yours.

Well I disagree with you, I'm 16, and my girlfriend is 14, we've been dating a year and I haven't preasured her into sex, contrary to popular belief, sex isn't all that's on a decent guys mind. She's actually the one who wants sex, and I've told her to wait a little longer. And I have a son, so does that make my little boy a "stigma on society"? If so what should I do? Take him and treat him like a horse with a broken leg? It all depends on the person dude, you've really gotta think what you say through

Old Feb 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Well I disagree with you, I'm 16, and my girlfriend is 14, we've been dating a year and I haven't preasured her into sex, contrary to popular belief, sex isn't all that's on a decent guys mind. She's actually the one who wants sex, and I've told her to wait a little longer. And I have a son, so does that make my little boy a "stigma on society"? If so what should I do? Take him and treat him like a horse with a broken leg? It all depends on the person dude, you've really gotta think what you say through
agreed so what if thers an age gap as long as it isnt to vast theres no problem going out with a younger girl there isnt any problem with it and no offence to you elders out there you down grade teenagers too much and yes im a teenager 16 as well my girlfreind turns 15 this year and i havent pressured her into sex either so maybe your biased thoughts and expressions should be kept too yourself alone if your in love go for it

Old Feb 25th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #8
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
A 16 year old with a child already telling another person to "think what you say through" How comically ironic.

Yes. The little boy is indeed a "stigma on society" if he was born illegitimately. Nobody thinks of these children and how when they learn history (or even their own family ancestry) will feel outcast when they come to realize they're not legitimate. It is - in fact - a stigma.

The author quoted above claims he hasn't pressured his 14 year old girlfriend for sex, yet goes on to admit to already fathering a child at the tender age of 16. Interesting.

It simply does not matter whether she's being pressured or not. The law is what people are here seeking answers for. 14 year old's are not old enough to consent to sex. If 16 is the age of majority in the 16 year old father's state, he can be charged with statutory rape.

Ah teenagers. They know it all's of society who think the adults don't have a clue. You can bet on this: you will change your tune when you get some age and maturity on you. Guaranteed.

Old Feb 25th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
What part do you disagree with? You already have proven that teenagers have raging hormones that are difficult to keep in check. Your admittance to having a child at the age of 16 proves that. Yet you "disagree'?

Old Mar 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #10
Unregistered

Nor is it wrong or illegal. To be honest, whoever posted that ridiculously selfish comment is the one who's in need of growing up. It angers me when someone is so forward with their opinion when they know little or nothing about the situation. He/she needs to consider and accept the fact that teenage sex does take place, and cautions are being taken by many of them. Saying that a baby made as a result of teenage sex is a "stigma upon society" is just completely wrong and disgusting. It is still a human being, that was made by 2 able-bodied people, regardless of their age.

I'm aware that every one has a right to their own opinion, but you are clearly so misinformed. You need to get over the fact that teenagers are young adults and have sexual hormones and a sexual urge. What i dont agree with is for example, a 30 year old dating a minor. When it is as little as a 2 year gap, it is perfectly acceptable. Schools enroll in teaching about contraception and various other things to prevent teenage pregnancy from taking place. Clinics offer contraception to teenage girls. Teenagers in general should NOT be stereotyped as "dumb, hormonal, sex searching animals" because a fair few of them do take precautions, and are responsible enough to deal with these "issues"
Good ****ing day.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 62 replies and has been viewed 26513 times