Court ordered random urine screens

This is a discussion on Court ordered random urine screens within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; Michigan: I was wondering if these urine screens include testing for alcohol or just drugs? I have been ordered 2 ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #1

Question Court ordered random urine screens

Michigan: I was wondering if these urine screens include testing for alcohol or just drugs? I have been ordered 2 random urine screens a month, and 4 random breath tests a month.
brandydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Court ordered random urine screens

Not sure if the info below is related or not....

UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
SCHOOL OF NURSING
URINE DRUG SCREENING

Students can have a urine drug screening taken at JAMS (Jail Alternatives for Michigan, Services, LLC). They are accompanied in to the rest room by someone so that sample is not tampered with. JAMS uses a “strip” to test results. If the strip indicates a positive result, the sample is sent on to a lab (verification 2-3 days). They are testing for cocaine, THC, methamphetamines, morphine, alcohol, opiates, barbiturates. The student is expected to sign a release form indicating to whom the results should be faxed to at the School of Nursing. The cost is $22 cash or money order.
If it is required, the JAMS will also do a 10 Panel Drug Screen for $30.00 which will be sent to the lab.

Source:

http://www.nursing.umich.edu/mandato...eeningInfo.pdf

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #3

I was wondering bcuz i read that "if" the screen includes alcohol, it can be traced back as long as 80 hours. I just don't know if it is "standard" to check for alcohol through the courts (probation for domestic violence..i slapped my kid's dad and he called the cops) with a urine screen, or if there is a special name for the urine drug screen that includes alcohol test?(ie:5, 10, 12 panel)
brandydoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #4
BaV

Jams does test for alcohol in the urine... I failed for it, my color was black and now they moved it up to blue. But as long as you dont drink for 24 hours before you test, you'll be fine. The test that traces back to 80 hours is called ETG, which is not their standard test. Good Luck

Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 06:36 PM   #5
Unregistered

Due to your circumstances, it's probable that the tests detect both drugs and alcohol. They usually do.

Of course, if you are concerned, the best solution is to not drink or take drugs, especially if you have trouble controlling your temper, and especially with a child in the picture.

Yes. It is very much standard when violence has occurred.

Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:40 PM   #6
Unregistered

How often does the color black come up?

Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:35 PM   #7
Unregistered

Red Face Re: Court ordered random urine screens

I also wanted to know how often the color black comes up for test screening

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #8
Unregistered

Default Re: Court ordered random urine screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaV View Post
Jams does test for alcohol in the urine... I failed for it, my color was black and now they moved it up to blue. But as long as you dont drink for 24 hours before you test, you'll be fine. The test that traces back to 80 hours is called ETG, which is not their standard test. Good Luck
Yes, the main options on the form that my PO filled our for JAMS were $4/visit for alcohol only, $9/visit for alcohol and drugs, and $14/visit for ETG testing. Since my PO selected the $9 for alcohol and drugs, I'm assuming they aren't doing ETG testing on my urine, so I should be fine if I don't drink at least 24 hours before testing. Any thoughts?

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 03:15 PM   #9
Unregistered

I have to take random drug test 3 times a week its just for drugs its the 9 dollar test Does any one know what they test for

Old Jul 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM   #10
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Court ordered random urine screens

Anyone who is court-ordered to take random urine tests usually is at risk if they are using ANY alcohol or illegal/controlled substances for which they do not have a valid prescription.

As a legal forum, it is not our place here to discuss how one can avoid the consequences of coming up dirty on a test. The solution is to not use ANY alcohol or illegal/controlled substances, and you won't risk a violation of the terms of the court order.

If you have to ask "how long before the test can I..." or "what kinds of drugs does the test check for...", then you should probably check your behavior before you have to submit to the required testing - because you are probably already going to fail it.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
alcohol consumption, court ordered, drug, probation, testing

This thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 10756 times