LEGAL AGE TO LEAVE HOME WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT

This is a discussion on LEGAL AGE TO LEAVE HOME WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; Can a 17-year-old female leave home in the state of Texas without parental consent and without the police taking you ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #1

Default LEGAL AGE TO LEAVE HOME WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT

Can a 17-year-old female leave home in the state of Texas without parental
consent and without the police taking you back home?
vicbaby13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old May 15th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: LEGAL AGE TO LEAVE HOME WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT

well its supposed to be 18 but many people say at 17 TX police will not intervene further

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Legaru

You can leave home at 18 without parental permission, no sooner. No one here can tell you what the Police Department will or will not do and no one can say how hard your parents will push them to do something.

It is best to just wait it out unless you want to deal with legal troubles and possibly getting others in trouble as well.
Legaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #4

You have to be 18.
vickiebena is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #5

May be it possible 18
seopositive2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 19th, 2011, 12:33 AM   #6
cowthief

Hello.

I was 15 when the old man beat the crap out of me.
The Texas authorities did nothing, so I took off for Mexico.
Mexican police brought me back to the border at the request of the US police.
The old man was sent to get me but decided to rob a pharmacy prior to getting me.
So they sent the old lady after me, and she was not much better.
I get returned to San Antonio and explain to the courts what happened, they say they can not help me.
Again, I return to Mexico, only this time the Mexican police understand that I am telling the truth, both of the adopted parents are dope fiends.
So, this time the Sinaloa police tell the federal police that they will not get me, I have done nothing wrong.
I finally return to the USA, as a Mexican.
It took for me to become a Mexican national to solve this problem.
Since I was adopted I was able to argue my case in USA federal court and am now a dual citizen.
But I did get the Mexican court to grant a name modification, to Spanish, so finding me in Mexico for a USA police would be almost impossible now anyway.

Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 12:44 AM   #7
LegWorldlw's Flag is: United States

18 years is the age considered to be adulthood almost everywhere in the world but few countries obey the rule of 21. So no one is adult till he reaches the age of 21. Adulthood s the certification to be legal right holder for oneself decision about his or her own life. Therefore sure age 17 is legally small age to decide to leave home and if without consent then should be termed as legal offense.
propertylegalservice@gmail.com
LegWorldlw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #8
Unregistered

What if u can't take it anymore and u have to move out or you will go insane. And that you are spooky depressed that you want to hurt your self

Old Mar 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #9
Unregistered

I know how you feel. been there and I hate it ,it makes me want to leave my house so bad and never come back I mean I'm 20 years old and sometimes I think to myself that if I do run away is just going to make my parents get that feeling that I'm already 20 yrs old and that I can take care of myself, but the only thing that is holding me back is that I have parents that are really strict in the butt and I'm scared that they might call the cops on me for leaving the house. I'm also scared because most likely I'll be moving with my BF and in scared they might arrest him for me living with him since he still living with his dad, so can the dad get arrested for letting me stay there and my parents finds out??? Plc help

Old Mar 26th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I know how you feel. been there and I hate it ,it makes me want to leave my house so bad and never come back I mean I'm 20 years old and sometimes I think to myself that if I do run away is just going to make my parents get that feeling that I'm already 20 yrs old and that I can take care of myself, but the only thing that is holding me back is that I have parents that are really strict in the butt and I'm scared that they might call the cops on me for leaving the house. I'm also scared because most likely I'll be moving with my BF and in scared they might arrest him for me living with him since he still living with his dad, so can the dad get arrested for letting me stay there and my parents finds out??? Plc help
You are 20 years old. You are a legal adult. Your parents are no longer your legal custodians and you are free to leave at any time.

Call the cops? That will get them nowhere. The police can do nothing to stop an adult from moving out.

You sound like a very immature 20 year old. Do you have medical mental or physical ailments that prevent you from living on your own? It's curious why you believe you have to remain under your parent's roof and thumb.

There is no such thing as "running away" when you're 20 years old; 2 years over the age of legal adulthood.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 27 replies and has been viewed 29984 times