Harassed by upstairs neighbor

This is a discussion on Harassed by upstairs neighbor within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; Originally Posted by Gabby OMG!!!! This is TMI...but if I farted she stomped on the floor. ... But if I ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #21
Ahhh

Default Re: Harassed by upstairs neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
OMG!!!!
This is TMI...but if I farted she stomped on the floor.
But if I do a "new" noise...like using a waterpik...she comes running to listen.
That's hilarious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameProblem View Post
I told this to my siblings, and they think I am going insane although my downstairs neighbours are insane. Now I plan to move from my home as soon as possible. But my siblings now think I am insane and they look at me as if I am crazy or something like that!
OMG, the EXACT SAME WITH ME! I've had about 3 weird neighbor incidents, and the first time, my mom and brother thought I was crazy when I told them. The current one, I told my mom about, and I could tell she still thinks I'm crazy. I don't blame her either... It's not easy to believe. Every time I tell my friends, they seem skeptical.

-

I thought I was the only downstairs neighbor being stalked by the upstairs because you would think if anyone was doing the stalking, it would be the downstairs neighbor. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Here's my situation:

First, my upstairs neighbor started stomping every time I typed, clicked, scrolled, twitched when I'm lying down, leaned forward in my chair, dug my toe into the carpet to crack my toe. I learned through this that, besides her being psychotic, we also have thin and weak floors. These weren't coincidences with her walking or anything because you can tell when they're angry stomps. Plus, they're always silent the entire day and they were dead silent the first week or so we moved in. Anyway, so after all the "complaining", I started paying extra attention to her because all of this.

She has stopped stomping because I kept continuing to do everything anyway, and I recently realized she's been following me around inside my apartment. It's not a coincidence where we happen to be in the same room at the same time but she literally follows me around from spot to spot. I could tell she's above me because the place wherever I'm sitting starts to vibrate and move around (she's trying to do what I did). It stops completely and everything goes still whenever I pretend to get up. Then it starts when I move and she knows I'm there. There's also a spot in our place where it creaks. There was a day when I sat down on the creaking spot to check if she really was, to see if she would follow. About ten seconds later, I heard a small creak above as if she was stepping really softly. That left me feeling so disturbed. She also knows the exact moment when I get in my bed, where my head is, and starts vibrating and tapping that area. I've randomly woken up in the middle of the night and I'm normally a deep sleeper during that time and very rarely wake up. She tries to wake me up. She knows the exact moment when I get out of bed. When I try to nap in the middle of the day, she keeps making movements so that my bed shakes. I'm pretty sure she's followed me into the restroom too. She never leaves the house and neither do I because I'm on summer vacation, so she follows me around the entire day, everyday. She might take a break to eat or use the restroom but other than that, I'm pretty sure she's above me the whole time.

It's all so annoying. I'll be breaking my lease and moving out soon because I can't stand this. Every time I go out and it's time to go back home, I really dread it.

It's also funny because anytime I tell anyone about this anywhere, it seems like their first reaction is that I'm crazy. I wrote about this on a forum for apartment living and people thought I was a troll and made this up. I don't know why this kind of happens to me but it does, and it sucks that they're things so unbelievable that no one can even help me or want to help me. I'm glad there are people on this thread who have had similar things happen and know that it is possible.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 01:28 AM   #22
ryancarr007's Flag is: United States

Trap her. Have someone to do that. If she do that again, do it back to her.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #23
druckerjohn's Flag is: United States

There is nothing to do with such a situation all you can do just consult the management and this just give you some satisfaction. same with the police.
druckerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 30th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #24

hi i had a similiar situation and wrote about it months ago on this site. My family and neighbors who i complained to thought i was crazy. even my children who experienced some of the bullying by the neighbors upstairs had a difficult time believing my story. the neighbors upstairs not only used a sound system he had a nanny cam and only committed the most vicious acts when i was only. Often the management and police side with the psycho/bully. they are very good at convincing both management and police they are innocent and u are the crazy one. remember they are serial psycho/bulliers and have alot of experience convincing others of their innocence. I do think u should talk to the management,but think it thru first and make sure u are very convincing. I did not sell my apt. my children live in it and have very little problems with the upstairs neighbor. i moved to a quiet peaceful place. my email is crk1254@yahoo.com if u want someone experienced to discuss.

good luck
boodelicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 4th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #25
Unregistered

I guess it does sound crazy. But in my case, people believed me and its because i am a girl. My upstairs neighbor is a typical drunken redneck guy who watches football, puts down his girlfriend and swears alot. He does not have a job. His girlfriend left him recently so now its just him up there. Well, he started paying a scary amount of attention to everything i did when i came home from work. I would check the mail, take out the trash etc and since the floors are sd thin i can hear him creep over to his window every single time. I walk into a room and so would he. It was weird and creepy. But he drank all day and i guess was bored. Well when my boyfriend moved in, things got obnoxious. His creeping was louder. Slamming things and doing his laundry the same time we did...i dont know why, i guess to freak us out? He even would spit on our car and pour trash on it as he walked by making it appear to be accidental. In short, maybe this woman is in love with you?

Old Feb 10th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #26
stalked's Flag is: United States

Confused Re: Harassed by upstairs neighbor

I live in a 19 story condo for the past 13 yrs and my unit is on the 18th floor, just below this old women who lives in the penthouse. She is mad at me because I recently asked her to please stop wearing high heels at 11:30pm over my bedroom. She has tiled floors and it's loud. She also has 2-3 sisters from Canada that all stay with her for months at a time in a 2 bedroom apt. Here is my story

I have noise in every room where ever I go. She is so angry because I asked her to please be more considerate. Two days ago, my (locked) gas tank door was broke open and now my car won't start. It has something like water or sugar in my tank. A month ago I found the hood of my car scratched up pretty bad. No accident there! No matter what time of day, she is over my head making these snap noises on her baseboards and it really grates on your nerves early in the morning. I can't nap during the day because she hammers nails into something and drops the hammer and starts hitting something and keeps dropping it. This is going on in my bedroom, living room sometimes for hours. I'm going to record it and and start keeping a log for my own protection. A week ago her toilet just happened to blow the seal and all her feces and urine poured down all over my ceiling and bathroom. This all wouldn't be so bad but I'm disabled and have numerous health issues. This is dangerous for me as I have an immunodeficiency from a medication I have to take. She sent our building maintenance man to wipe off my ceiling. It did nothing and it smells bad. I won't use that bathroom until my insurance company has a hazardous materials company remove the ceiling.She never even apologized or had a professional who handles these type of spills to come and clean up her mess.

This is a big joke to her. I'm not well enough to fight this much longer. My blood pressure is out of control since this started and everyone thinks I'm crazy!!!! My partner of 15 years won't even listen to me and thinks I'm just imaging it.
I tried turning my TV's up and keeping my fans on in the bathrooms to drown out her over my head and she finds something else to make noise. Who does this????? She has to be more than mad, try NUTS!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone out there that knows a recourse for a disabled person becoming more ill from this constant harassment ?

Last edited by stalked; Feb 10th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
stalked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #27
Unregistered

Does your partner of 15 years live with you?

I ask that because it's interesting someone could be living in the same unit and not experience what you're experiencing.

Do you rent or own the unit?

Old Feb 11th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #28
stalked's Flag is: United States

Thanks for your reply!

I own my condo. My partner works and is out all day while she's going at it. He is totally pisted at me and told me to get help. I guess I might say the same thing. This is very random and bizarre. I will have to tape it for proof.
stalked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #29

In response to stalked who posted today. The neighbors intention is to make it appear that you are not believable. You said your partner of 15 years thinks you are imagining it. Does this mean the neighbor lays low when your partner is around? Also there are condo laws that the neighbors must have 80% carpeting w/padding. Have you had the management check this out. I wonder if you can call the society for disability. You can claim prejudice due to your disability. Pls make sure you tape all the noises. I have seen and heard of people going to court with tapes and getting compensation. Of course you want the neighbor to stop. I had to move out. I was lucky i could afford it.

You can always contact me a crk1254@yahoo.com

Old Feb 20th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #30

Thumbs Down Re: Harassed by upstairs neighbor

I looked on the entire post from the beginning and caught this: Guest Mar 8th, 2011, 02:00 AM who Suggestion Paranoid Schizophrenia - See a Psychiatrist. If u read the post the guest recommends we all see a psychiatrist. we are nuts and inventing the story. why would this person have been looking thru this post. What is their interest? all of us have been harassed and are just trying to find support and sanity. the comment Guest is making sounds like the comment the crazy neighbor upstairs would say. Sounds like Guest is projecting and maybe a perpetrator.
Take a look at Guest comment on March 8, 2011.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 90 replies and has been viewed 28713 times