Frozen Bank Accounts (employees locked bank accounts)

This is a discussion on Frozen Bank Accounts (employees locked bank accounts) within the Miscellaneous Topics forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; I work for Greater New Orleans Federal Credit Union in Metairie Louisiana. The CEO has locked out all employees from ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 09:35 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Frozen Bank Accounts (employees locked bank accounts)

I work for Greater New Orleans Federal Credit Union in Metairie Louisiana. The CEO has locked out all employees from having access to withdraw or deposit any funds from their account stating that she needs to do this to protect the employees for the privacy act. The only way for us to withdraw cash from our account is to go to an ATM machine or local store that will cash a check for us. Does she have the right to lock out our accounts? We were not notified in advance that she was doing this so no one was able to make any arrangements to have our pay check or close our account before she did this. She told an employee that if we did not like it we could close our account and open one some place else. Your help in letting me know what rights I may to force her to unlock our accounts or if we should file suit against our employer.

Thank You for help you can offer.I work for Greater New Orleans Federal Credit Union in Metairie Louisiana. The CEO has locked out all employees from having access to withdraw or deposit any funds from their account stating that she needs to do this to protect the employees for the privacy act. The only way for us to withdraw cash from our account is to go to an ATM machine or local store that will cash a check for us. Does she have the right to lock out our accounts? We were not notified in advance that she was doing this so no one was able to make any arrangements to have our pay check or close our account before she did this. She told an employee that if we did not like it we could close our account and open one some place else. Your help in letting me know what rights I may to force her to unlock our accounts or if we should file suit against our employer.

Thank You for help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Top Level Member
able1's Flag is: United States

Default re: Frozen Bank Accounts (employees locked bank accounts)

Can you see others' accounts as well if unlocked?

In that case she would have the right to do so especially if you can access your own account as all others access their own accounts.
able1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Frozen Bank Accounts (employees locked bank accounts)

Thank You for your response.

Yes, you would be able to see other employees account. Part of our problem is that if I give one of my personal checks to a friend, family member or someone that cut my grass they would not be able to go the my bank to cash the check because of the lock out. I understand that she does not want anyone to view our history but not allowing us to get money or stop someone that I have paid to cash a check seems illegal. I guess we will have to close our account as she said in order to have access to our money.

Thanks again for the information.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
federal credit union, louisiana, new orleans

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2080 times