Carpal tunnel surgery complications

This is a discussion on Carpal tunnel surgery complications within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; Hi. I am new to this forum so thanks in advance for your support. I had carpal tunnel surgery performed ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Familygirl's Flag is: United States

Default Carpal tunnel surgery complications

Hi. I am new to this forum so thanks in advance for your support. I had carpal tunnel surgery performed on my right hand. Since then I have a severe pain in my right thumb muscle area in my palm. I never had this problem before. I cannot do anything with this hand now. It feels like it is not my hand anymore but a fake limb. I talked to the doctor that done my operation and he said well it must be from your neck. Maybe I have a neck problem and maybe not but I did not have this pain before surgery. My husband has a carpal tunnel problem that he sees his doctor for and when he explained to him what I was goin through. His doctor knew right away what happened. He says the surgeon cut my median nerve by accident which runs that part if my hand that hurts. So my question is do I have a claim for a malpractice suit or not. I am not one to just go sue people but I cannot even make a living with this hand anymore.i can't even hardly wipe with it. What should I do. Thanks
Familygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Carpal tunnel surgery complications

I wish to inform you that you may serve a notice to the doctor and the hospital where the surgery was performed. If they do not resolve the matter, then you may file a lawsuit for medical malpractice. The statute of limitations is governed by the State laws. You may show to the court your medical file including x-rays, details of medication and surgery, etc. and also inform the court about your medical status both before and after your surgery. You will need expert medical opinion to establish that there was medical malpractice. You may claim costs and damages. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Unregistered

Thanks for your help. I'll start gathering all my medical info.

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Top Level Member
goddessoflubboc's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Carpal tunnel surgery complications

You need to contact a malpractice attorney. Before that you need to see another dr to give you a 2nd opinion, your husbands dr didn't examine you so his opinion is worthless. There are several steps the first of which is showing your dr violated the standard of care.

Do you still have your copy of the informed consent you signed? If so read it over to see if this was foreseeable first.
goddessoflubboc is online now   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1232 times