Can I sue the psychiatrist with negligence, malpractice?

This is a discussion on Can I sue the psychiatrist with negligence, malpractice? within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; @@@@@ The Psychiatrist, without informed consent, began administering a mood altering antypsychotic, syroquil, which is black labeled and not to ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #1
tallykatt's Flag is: Canada

Question Can I sue the psychiatrist with negligence, malpractice?

@@@@@ The Psychiatrist, without informed consent, began administering a mood altering antypsychotic, syroquil, which is black labeled and not to be used in treating elder dementia patients,

....HE COULD NOT HAVE READ MY DADS HEALTH RECORDS, because besides not being used for Dimentia patients as a mood altering drug to keep them calm,
>>>IT CANT BE USED WITH PATIENTS WITH HEART PROBLEMS my dad had a HEART ATTACK, >>>Surgery to repair a AORTIC ANEURYSM < >>>>and has a LEAKY HEART VALVE........
Syroquel also caused serious and sometimes deadly problems with the thyroid, heart, PANCREAS, to list a few.....If he had any knowledge of my dads health record he would have noticed my dad had PANCREATIC CANCER...........

Can i sue the psychiatrist with negligence, malpractice ??? even though i caught it in time and my dad did not die from this medication, (astrazeneca, is the company they are currently being class action sued for deaths and other side effects caused by this medication?)

Do i have any Causation with the info above i want to try to get compensation for my parents, as my dad has little time left.
tallykatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can I sue the psychiatrist with negligence, malpractice?

I wish to inform you that you may give a written notice and if the matter is not resolved by the doctor then you may file a lawsuit. A medical lawsuit is normally always aggressively defended by the other party. You will need the testimony from medical experts to support your view point before the court. You will have to show negligence, damages and causation. You will have to show that the standard of care due to your father from the doctor was not provided. You will have to show that the element of informed consent was violated. The burden of proof will be on you to prove the allegations made by you. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. The period of statute of limitations depends upon the province. It is 2 years in Ontario.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #3
angelicaB's Flag is: United States

Yes. You can sue your psychiatrist as he violate their code of ethics.
angelicaB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #4
BryanP's Flag is: United States

View Member's Facebook Profile View Member's Twitter Profile

You can, and as I see from your case, you should.
BryanP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallykatt View Post
@@@@@ The Psychiatrist, without informed consent, began administering a mood altering antypsychotic, syroquil, which is black labeled and not to be used in treating elder dementia patients,

....HE COULD NOT HAVE READ MY DADS HEALTH RECORDS, because besides not being used for Dimentia patients as a mood altering drug to keep them calm,
>>>IT CANT BE USED WITH PATIENTS WITH HEART PROBLEMS my dad had a HEART ATTACK, >>>Surgery to repair a AORTIC ANEURYSM < >>>>and has a LEAKY HEART VALVE........
Syroquel also caused serious and sometimes deadly problems with the thyroid, heart, PANCREAS, to list a few.....If he had any knowledge of my dads health record he would have noticed my dad had PANCREATIC CANCER...........

Can i sue the psychiatrist with negligence, malpractice ??? even though i caught it in time and my dad did not die from this medication, (astrazeneca, is the company they are currently being class action sued for deaths and other side effects caused by this medication?)

Do i have any Causation with the info above i want to try to get compensation for my parents, as my dad has little time left.
Your dad would be the best person to seek redress, perhaps with you as co plaintiff. A personal injury attorney who does medical malpractice would be the best resource to answer your questions and concerns. And also knows the standard of proof in a medical malpractice case for administering the wrong medicine to a patient.

Once you have lost your father, then you will have a better case for damages. Presumably, the loss of his companionship, his life shortened by the psychiatrist prescribing the wrong medicine.

Look for an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice so you and/or your dad will get the redress you are entitled to.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 06:36 AM   #6
woodlawn's Flag is: Great Britain

Angry Can I sue the psychiatrist with malpractice?

This is day in day out story i get
Started day!
Crc cctv surveillance
In common room
Go with girls to talk to random guy
Random guy pulls a bag of cocaine from his pocket and cuts 3 lines
Random guy offers lines of cocain for free
Each girl snorts single line
I disagree and say i don’t want his drug
Im better off not using your free drugs
These drugs make you better
I don’t want to take them
Why are you better than me
I know how to control aircraft
Random guy finishes rolling spliff with last line
Random guy stands up and grabs me by throat and blows smoke in my face

Parkside the police on the same day yeah!
18 year old victim
Caught on parkside station property
I was not naked
Statement
I was attacked
Who by
I don’t know
What did he look like
Tall 6,3 thin aggressive lean build addems apple no longer <u>random to the POLICE </u> (if you look at it thats a CPNs body attributes)
Ive heard enough!? Booking you!

Mental institution
IM HIGH AS A KITE BECAUSE THE ATTACKERS DRUG HAS PROPER KICKED IN

CRISIS TEAM matt mills Tall 6,3 thin aggressive lean build big addems apple
Explain side effects
Explain about crisis team
Explain to parents now what to do
Explain weekly meetings
Explain what prescription your on.

who moderates the moderators

Last edited by woodlawn; Jul 31st, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
woodlawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 31st, 2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallykatt View Post

It will be up to your dad to file suit. At this point in time, only your father and your mother (his wife) have strong standing to sue -- he for shortening his life, the mother, his wife, for loss of the husband and his companionship -- her loss greater if and when he passes from the disease. By no means to minimize the looming loss of your father, as child you may well have a claim as well but theirs is greater.

Causation will have to be proved. There are lawyers who have pending litigation against pharmaceuticals, and this may be one. Your best source of information will be from a law firmt that is suing the manufacturer over this drug and their estimation, from his medical records which he will have to authorize supplying to them, of how to proceed and the value of their claim.

You have my sympathies over the impending loss of your father.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
dimentia, harmful drugs, medication, neglegence

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 1936 times