WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice > Is it too late to take legal action? I have put out 3000 dollars in dentist bills

Is it too late to take legal action? I have put out 3000 dollars in dentist bills

This is a discussion on Is it too late to take legal action? I have put out 3000 dollars in dentist bills within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; When i was 11...i had a bridge put in my mouth to hold my bottom teeth together..to avoid needing braces..as ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM   #1
ccrunner101's Flag is: United States

Default Is it too late to take legal action? I have put out 3000 dollars in dentist bills

When i was 11...i had a bridge put in my mouth to hold my bottom teeth together..to avoid needing braces..as a dentist..is it there job to keep track of what goes in your mouth? at the time i was an 11 year old child...i started feeling pain in my mouth by age 18... i went back to the same dentist..and he ended up telling me" it was my job to schedule an appointment" he took the "bridge" out but it did permanent damage to my back teeth... both molars..AND.. rotated my wisdom tooth sideways... im now 27..and since i have insurance ive been getting work done on my mouth.. is it too late to take legal action? ive put out about 3000 dollars in dentist bills since... the dentist is still in business..and i dont know how i can handle this..ive been told its too late..i cant do anything..but im truely curious...

i know its been years..but it caused so much pain and time to get insurance to muster up the balls to go to the dentist..this isnt my fault..i truly feel robbed..tomorrow im getting a decimated molar pulled..along with a wisdom tooth...permanent damage i can never have back.. whats the window of time i can use to sue?
ccrunner101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #2
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Default re: Is it too late to take legal action? I have put out 3000 dollars in dentist bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrunner101 View Post
When i was 11...i had a bridge put in my mouth to hold my bottom teeth together..to avoid needing braces..as a dentist..is it there job to keep track of what goes in your mouth? at the time i was an 11 year old child...i started feeling pain in my mouth by age 18... i went back to the same dentist..and he ended up telling me" it was my job to schedule an appointment" he took the "bridge" out but it did permanent damage to my back teeth... both molars..AND.. rotated my wisdom tooth sideways... im now 27..and since i have insurance ive been getting work done on my mouth.. is it too late to take legal action? ive put out about 3000 dollars in dentist bills since... the dentist is still in business..and i dont know how i can handle this..ive been told its too late..i cant do anything..but im truely curious...

i know its been years..but it caused so much pain and time to get insurance to muster up the balls to go to the dentist..this isnt my fault..i truly feel robbed..tomorrow im getting a decimated molar pulled..along with a wisdom tooth...permanent damage i can never have back.. whats the window of time i can use to sue?
If you do your research, you will find that the statute of limitations has LONG since passed on this. If you were going to do anything, then at age 18, when you started having issues, would have been a good time to look into it. But another 9 years later? Sorry, way too long ago.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM   #3
ccrunner101's Flag is: United States

Default re: Is it too late to take legal action? I have put out 3000 dollars in dentist bills

which truely sucks..cause i had no idea i could have done anything..i was just goin through alot of pain and payin bills and what not..i guess i wasnt focused..ive paid so much outta pocket..i wish i could get some back..
ccrunner101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Mar 10th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #4
predator12's Flag is: Pakistan

for doctors nurses and other medical related people and admin in hospital the injury of death of a person is a normal and routine wise work but for the person who is facing this problem is very stressful movement for through out the life so doctors should care all of the patent
predator12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 654 times