Misdiagnosis: A letter from a legal counselor to the physician

This is a discussion on Misdiagnosis: A letter from a legal counselor to the physician within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; To make a long story short...I have been going to my primary care physician for approximately 3 years....for the following ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Misdiagnosis: A letter from a legal counselor to the physician

To make a long story short...I have been going to my primary care physician for approximately 3 years....for the following symptoms: fatigue, fever, leg pain, burning tongue, headaches. I was never offered a neurology consult during this time period. On February 20th I made my last visit to this physician when he stated "there is nothing wrong with you" and threw some antidepressants to me..and sent me on my way. That is when I had determined enough was enough. I self referred myself to OSU (because the PCP refused to)...and after multiple visits, consultations, etc. it was determined that I have a spinal cord problem. I have a syrinx cyst that goes the entire length of the cervical spine, 2 bulging/protruded discs and a moderately sized hemangioma on one of the vertabral bodies. Since February, I have keeping very good records of doctor's visits, radiology, etc. I really don't want to persue any legal action...but wondered if this merited a letter from a legal counselor to the physician and facility administration.
Old Jul 28th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Misdiagnosis: A letter from a legal counselor to the physician

It is certainly possible you have a case based on what you say here; you could take a brief description of these events as well as your medical records to a malpractice attorney and see if the attorney thinks you have a claim; often you need to contact several attorneys to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you.

WLD attorneys could also become directly involved and perhaps find a way to resolve this for you if you email them on their home page above.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1820 times