WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice > Can I sue dentist... My nerves were damaged after recieving local anesthesia.

Can I sue dentist... My nerves were damaged after recieving local anesthesia.

This is a discussion on Can I sue dentist... My nerves were damaged after recieving local anesthesia. within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; Hello im an 18 year old who went to a dentist for wisdom tooth removal. Immediately after recieving local anesthesia ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:29 AM   #1
usa
usa's Flag is: United States

Default Can I sue dentist... My nerves were damaged after recieving local anesthesia.

Hello im an 18 year old who went to a dentist for wisdom tooth removal. Immediately after recieving local anesthesia I didnt feel right. After the procedure was done, I was left cross eyed, unable to see. I literally was seeing double. This lasted about an hour and a half. I called my local hospital, which has a nurse calling service, and asked a nurse about it. She ad no knowledge of this and told me to ask the dentist.

I remember looking in the mirror and watching my eyes go out of focus, as one who shift to the left or right on its own. My mother was worried to the point that she called the paramedics. They advised me to go to the ER, which I decided not to, though now I wish I had. They told me he probably put too much. I was unable to look at anything directly.

Right after the procedure when I mentioned this to the dentist, he looked at his staff with concern and said that everything was fine. But his worrisome look made me feel uneasy.

Fast forward a week later I go back for a follow up. Come to find out, I now need root canals because my nerves were damaged. Mind you, just one week before my nerves were completely fine, and this was not on the X ray. I asked if the anesthesia could of caused that, and they said no. I figured it it really could cause that, they of course wouldn't tell me.

Now because of this, I am not referred to yet ANOTHER dentist to have root canals.

Can someone please tell me do I have a case? What should by my steps from here on?

Thanks so much in advance.
usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Can I sue dentist... My nerves were damaged after recieving local anesthesia.

I wish to inform you that you can file a lawsuit for recovery of damages. In this regard as your dentist was negligent therefore dentist can be held liable for losses. Dentist was required to perform treatment with sufficient skill and further when operation was not performed correctly the dentist was supposed to inform you correct position. As dentist has been negligent therefore dentist can be held liable for malpractice.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 9th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Can I sue dentist... My nerves were damaged after recieving local anesthesia.

First, do not return to the first dentist. I would see another dentist who can examine the damaged area and call a neurologist for a consult over the damage and recommended course to take for repair. After you get the reports of these professionals, then you might have a case for malpractice/damage against the first dentist.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 8th, 2011, 04:41 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I sue dentist... My nerves were damaged after recieving local anesthesia.

You should move to some other dentist, I would recommend you consult with someone who is an expert in that area. If you speak with a lawyer, make sure you bring any records, notes, etc. with you.

Old Jul 8th, 2011, 04:44 AM   #5
Banned User
MacDexter's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You should move to some other dentist, I would recommend you consult with someone who is an expert in that area. If you speak with a lawyer, make sure you bring any records, notes, etc. with you.
This suggestion is suggested by me while offline.
MacDexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
anesthesia, lawsuit, root canal, tooth removal, wisdom tooth, x ray

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 4218 times