WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice > Dental Issue -- I am missing a tooth and was not presented with more options

Dental Issue -- I am missing a tooth and was not presented with more options

This is a discussion on Dental Issue -- I am missing a tooth and was not presented with more options within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; What do you consider? Last Monday I went to visit my dentist who I have been seeing for a long ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Dental Issue -- I am missing a tooth and was not presented with more options

What do you consider?

Last Monday I went to visit my dentist who I have been seeing for a long time. He told me I need a filling in my back molar. I was like. OK. Lets get this done. Well after the filling was finished and the anesthetic wore off I was in excruciating pain from anything that touched the tooth.

7 days later ( Today ) I went back to the dentist.

I presented the problem and X-rays were just now taken. It appears that the nerve in that tooth was killed due to the depth and the filling procedure. I was immediately offered the option to have a root canal done which costs 1400 dollars. Something did not seem right to me.

When I visited the dentist last Monday it had been exactly 4 months since I had last been to my dentist and on my visit last Monday, no X-rays were taken, and no consent of liability forms were offered for me to sign. Well Today I said no, I do not want a root canal, just pull it. I could tell he got very annoyed when I said that, and he wanted me to pay to pull the tooth that I personally believe he destroyed. The financial person who works for this dentist backed me up and said I should not have to pay to have anything done due to this mishap. Well during the whole time from when I decided to go with the extraction, he seemed irritated with me, and when I was given local anesthetic he felt a bit aggressive when he was giving the injections and it hurt really bad. And during the extraction he was rough with my mouth/head overall.

When he was done he walked out of the room and the dental assistant finished up with me. When I was leaving all he said was, see you next time and just walked by the room.

I just honestly feel maybe this was done to try to coerce me into getting a root canal to fill his pockets up more with money, and I did not get any sympathy or empathy from this dentist when it was mentioned that I needed a root canal. Is there something I should look further into, because this overall does not feel right to me. I was in pain for an entire week, missed today from work, and now I am missing a tooth.

I am just very upset that I am missing a tooth and was not presented with more options last Monday, prior to all this happening. I felt this could have been completely avoided. Any suggestions please?
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Dental Issue -- I am missing a tooth and was not presented with more options

I wish to inform you that you may file a suit for medical malpractice and can claim compensation for your pain and suffering. A dentist is an expert and his negligence had caused you pain and suffering and loss of tooth. You may give notice to dentist and can demand compensation. If dentist refuses then you may file a lawsuit against the dentist.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Dental Issue -- I am missing a tooth and was not presented with more options

It is certainly possible you have a case based on what you say here; you could take a brief description of these events as well as your medical records to a malpractice attorney and see if the attorney thinks you have a claim; often you need to contact several attorneys to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you. Or you could sue for any damages in small claims as well.

ANN

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 04:10 AM   #4
Banned User
MacDexter's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Dental Issue -- I am missing a tooth and was not presented with more options

Yes you can file a lawsuit if you get any damages(emotional does include) from a doctor.
If you have suffered harm or injury as the result of medical negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation.
I understand losing tooth like this is very painful not only physically but mentally.
MacDexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
dental, malpractice

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1211 times