Dental RCTs and crowns botched; worth pursuing?

This is a discussion on Dental RCTs and crowns botched; worth pursuing? within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; Hello, In November 4, 2010, I had quite a bit of dental work performed on me. After all was said ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Dental RCTs and crowns botched; worth pursuing?

Hello,

In November 4, 2010, I had quite a bit of dental work performed on me. After all was said and done, however, it was shown (by a second unaffiliated dentist) that all of the work had been botched and would need to be redone (it is quite obvious even to my untrained eye). I had had 3 RCTs and 5 crowns done, and am currently in the process of getting everything re-treated. The original RCTs were incompletely filled, the crowns were poorly fitted, two were impinging on the gums, they used filling material to 'fix' a perceived divet on one near my gumline - many of these things have caused a lot of irritation and infection due to a complete inability to clean around.

They did offer me a partial refund (which I haven't seen yet), but I've been struggling for almost three months now with the results of their 'dental work' and trying to restore everything to some kind of workable condition. And I will likely have to continue for several more months at least.

I know my problem isn't as severe as a damaged nerve, but this has become a difficult and prolonged struggle. Is this something I should pursue or should I just take the partial refund and be glad it didn't end up worse than it did?
Old Jan 18th, 2011, 02:47 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Dental RCTs and crowns botched; worth pursuing?

I wish to inform you that as there has been a negligence by the dentist therefore the dentist can be held liable for malpractice. The dentist can therefore be held liable for pain and suffering along with monetary loss which you have suffered. Dentist being an expert is expected to perform treatment with care and as now the treatment requires to be performed again. You may first give notice to the Dentist and if dentist refuses to settle the matter then you may file a lawsuit.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1068 times