Pathology lab reports missing

This is a discussion on Pathology lab reports missing within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; I have had D&C surgery around 5 weeks back. My doctor sent the tissue for pathology tests for any chromosomal ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 8th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #1
Unregistered

Angry Pathology lab reports missing

I have had D&C surgery around 5 weeks back. My doctor sent the tissue for pathology tests for any chromosomal disorders. My doctor told me that it usually takes around 2 to 3 weeks for the lab reports. After waiting for 5 weeks, I heard from the nurse that pathology dept in the hospital lost the reports. They are not able to trace them.

I actually wanted to miscarry normally using medication, but my doctor convinced me to go through D&C; so we could find the reason with tissue tests. After going through painful surgery and long wait, they are saying that they lost the lab reports. Also, I missed the opportunity to find the reason behind miscarriage.

What are my legal options here? Do I have case to sue the hospital? Please let me know.
Old Oct 9th, 2010, 04:23 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Pathology lab reports missing

I wish to inform you that you may file a suit for medical malpractice. The act of the hospital authorities were negligent. You may first give a notice to the hospital authorities that if they do not provide you compensation then you my file a lawsuit against the hospital authorities. You may show that the treatment given to you was negligent and in this you may show necessary evidence to prove your claim.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
d&c, missing, pathology

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1540 times