can i sue my gyn doctor for suffering?

This is a discussion on can i sue my gyn doctor for suffering? within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; my son is 11. right after i gave birth to him, i could not hold my urine. i had to ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!


Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #1

Unregistered's Avatar
Posts: n/a

Confused can i sue my gyn doctor for suffering?

my son is 11. right after i gave birth to him, i could not hold my urine. i had to go all the time. they offered me to be a part of a new bladder testing they were starting. they did all types of test on me and a ultrasound. they said my muscle was on the wrong side of my bladder and that was causing me to go so much. he also did surgery the day after i gave birth to tie my tubes. if my bladder muscle was in the wrong place all my life, then why did it start to act like this after he did the surgery? i could hold my urine for hours before this, but now i get up 5 to 6 times in a night just to urinate. plus i sometimes leak if i dont get to a restroom fast. can i sue him?
  Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #2
Top Level Member
AFFA's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 21,455

Default Re: can i sue my gyn doctor for suffering?

I wish to inform you that you may file for medical malpractice. In this regard, you will be required to show that the doctor was negligent while performing his duties. You may show this fact through a medical report from a doctor. You may claim damages from the doctor for pain and suffering and medical expenses you had to incur because of negligence of doctor. Further, the Statue of Limitations of your state will have to be seen that it allows your action. Generally 11 years old suit are time barred.


Last edited by AFFA; Aug 30th, 2010 at 02:25 AM.
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share


This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1428 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Format Your Messages
Add Forum to Google Toolbar
Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can I Sue the Hospital for Pain and Suffering and Emotional Distress? Snugz Injury & Worker's Compensation 19 May 1st, 2016 10:37 PM
Sue Landlord for negligence, pain and suffering (NY) Unregistered Landlord vs Tenant Issues 6 Apr 26th, 2012 01:42 PM
Could I sue the doctor or nurse for lying or sue the police for entering my home? mrswells10 Civil Litigation 2 Feb 16th, 2012 12:52 PM
Can I sue... X-ray showed the source of all my pain and suffering. Unregistered Civil Litigation 2 Sep 4th, 2010 05:39 AM
The right to sue? -- I am suffering constant headaches and pain in my sinus area Unregistered Other Criminal Law Matters 1 Jan 4th, 2007 10:10 PM

Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.